Ea288 150HP head of VS ea288 240HP head

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Not sure where anyone said the CRUA/CVCA didn't have VVT, because it very clearly does. CUA version of EA288 does not and is a VERY different head.
ok yes i was reading that wrong around post 20.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
yes, its totally different and wont ever work!

Dumbdumb0304

TDI
2015 cvca tdi passat
All right did some looking into this both heads have provisions for variable cam timing if u look at both the cuaa cam module and the cvca crua cam module they both have the mounting for vct cuaa Has a plastic cap I fully believe the head module is a bolt on the the main module these ea288 motor are modular so every ea288 engine code is a different module assembly still based on the main module so the different blocks have different mounting points reason for the cvca for passat and crua for the jetta/golf but there exactly the same and share the same parts the ea288 was designed to suit the the different requirements in different countries uk doesn't need swirl so the cam module's vct is caped off

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I remember seeing the "lobes pressed onto tubes" camshaft production method, interesting to see they've taken it a step further and pressed them together in a housing unit.

ETA: "interesting" in the "I never knew there was quite that much blood inside someone" kind of way.
That is old XR750 Harley flat track practice. Then you can time your cams as you see fit. Up to and including a 45-degree separation in firing( the 'twingle' mod) instead of the 316/405 degree as they usually are. Those get the gears welded to the shaft that the lobe is ground onto( iirc and all that ).

Douglas