Diesel bottom engine cover

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I need the plastic engine cover under the engine. Mine is coming apart after many years of removal etc. Anyone have one near me?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
You might be better off posting in the private for sale classifieds as a WTB. Good luck.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
I don't know about Syracuse, but the TM here in p-town has a stack of old
ones on the side of his shop, and let me have one for free. I've seen them on craigslist too.

ahldailydriver02

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed, 03 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
I would get an aluminum one, those plastic ones just don't hold up well. Better yet get an Atlas or the diesel Geek belly pan

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I need the plastic engine cover under the engine. Mine is coming apart after many years of removal etc. Anyone have one near me?
I am not near you but I am selling my OEM steel plate that is the best on the market. Yes the aluminum ones are lighter but steel kicks all over aluminum on notch impact like the cinder block I hit.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you do a lot of high speed urban driving, recommend you put something metal underneath.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
If you do a lot of high speed urban driving, recommend you put something metal underneath.
Yes that is when I had mine on. Now I am retired and not doing that high speed driving. I was on I-94 many years ago and a cinder block fell off the truck in front of me during rush hour, so I just centered the cinder block so it missed my suspension and there was a bang as the metal skid plate crushed it.

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
MK4 skid plate

I have a steel plate that forms around the oil pan and bolts to the engine fore and aft the alum pan. This, I think, is a VW product. I think this would protect the pan from a hit, but it would be nice to keep salt etc. off the engine area. $260 seems a lot just to keep the salt slush off the bottom.

Last edited: