Fuel Line Disconnection

TDI
2004 beige VW Jetta TDI and 2014 Passat TDI
Hello. Yesterday my wife told me the car was leaking something. I told her not to go home after class; I would take a look at the car first before driving home. When I got to her car (2014 Passat TDI) there was a massive trail of fluid that lead up to the car. I quickly looked under the hood and checked the fluid containers if any of them were dry. After finding nothing out of the ordinary, I looked underneath the car. I found the liquid dripping off of the side skid plate. It was diesel! After taking it home and looking underneath the car, I found the culprit: a disconnected fuel line. The blue line was disconnected to the bend joint when I found it. I simply pushed the two together and gave it a tug apart. Nothing happened.
Has this happened to anyone else? Did I connect the fuel line and bend joint correctly? Here is a photo of the fuel lines.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i personally would put a few zipties on it 2 on one and on the other side, and 2 holding those 2 together, more for emotional support than anything if it does come apart again, at least it wont come completly apart and you could limp it home with minimal loss.