Passat B3 vs B4 pedals

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
I am starting a swap in a MK2 over Christmas. The MK2 is an automatic and I am converting it to manual with a 02J transmission. Are Passat B3 and B4 pedal assemblies the same or is it just the B4 pedals that are a direct swap into the MK2?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
both are a direct swap

The earlier B3 uses a different clutch master cylinder than the later B4. I'm not certain when the change of master cylinders occurred in may have been in the middle of the B3 or B4 pedal clusters.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
There are some minor differences depending on the donor car but fitment is the same. The differences are in how the switches attach IIRC but there might be other things too.

I think there are also differences between the B4 TDI pedal cluster and the B4 VR6 cluster, at least the part numbers are different.

The B3 pedal clusters still maintain the 357 part number, the B4 cars use a 3AX pedal cluster.

I think any of them will bolt in place, but they'll be just a tad bit different.

Steve

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
This is actually not going to be a TDI project. It's going to be a Digifant II 2.0L 16V with race cams, header etc. I am installing a 2.0L 02J transmission with 4.235:1 final drive and 228mm clutch so that nothing will slip. So it's the 16V pedal asm I am looking for - cable accelerator and hydraulic clutch.

If anyone has something like this - I have cash in hand!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I don't but it should be easy enough to come across as you can use a Gas Passat or Corrado pedal cluster. Hit the vwvortex and you should be able to get one for $75+shipping.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Either 16v or VR6 pedal cluster will work. I would try for the VR one personally, it will have the later, and more common, hydro clutch attachment using the plastic clip.

Steve