Portuguese Barn Find

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
Great collection.

Even in their current condition, still worth a lot.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I was beginning to get depressed to see so many images of classics and rarities with millimeters of dust and centimeters of bird droppings covering them.
Then I was pleased to see that many are in very good condition, almost museum quality.
Then another let down when the sparkle of the exterior and pristine interior on one was let down by an under hood shot showing missing engine parts and other neglect.

Still, it was nice to see the SAAB 92.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Yeah, I didn't understand how the first set of pictures were all of dusty neglected cars, then there were some in there that were in mint condition and looked like they were just waxed. Maybe they cleaned up some before taking the pictures. IMO, the gentleman who collected these in the first place wasted his time. Having a car sit for 50 years is terrible for the car so why even begin. It would have been nice if he used that money to set up a museum, maybe just with less cars. This way there would be someone there to at least clean them off.

If you read through the list you will see there were several VWs. Unfortunately I did not see any when I was scrolling through. He had a 1983 GTI in there!!! One of my all time favorite VWs.