Major Glow Plug #*!&@^$

wkobe

Veteran Member
ok thanks i will check out the fuse when the wife gets home. any idea which relay it is? (where)
thanks wayne

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
start problem

Unfortunately, we see no response from Herm on whether his issue got solved or not. His issue degenerated into may be this or that fix.

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI w/alh auto
I have been searching and researching for the last 10 days I’m happy to have found this thread. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI that was running great and then it started cold and stalled shortly after for the first few days if you left it for a while it would start and stall about 5-30 seconds later each time there would be a rapid ticking noise coming from the fuse box when the ticking was present the car wouldn’t start and when it wasn’t the car would start always to stall again and start ticking. I have a code u0100 no communication with ecm/pcm I cleaned a bunch of contacts and checked a bunch of wires and the ecm and found the harness going into the back of the ecm was damp I dried it out and now no ticking and no glow plug light and crank but no start. By following the systems I have arrived at the glow plug control unit I’m hoping this will solve the problem but part of me thinks I need a new ecm. I’m losing my mind with this thing can anyone help me?

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
After reading through this thread, no one mentioned the GP harness' that tend to rot away and the wire breaks somewhere inside the boot.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on?
Relay 109 is a known possibility.
Check if you have power to the run solenoid on the back of the injector pump. It has 1 wire with a nut holding it on.
Check the grounds under the battery tray & where the ECU grounds.
Water and electronics do not work together. Can you figure out where water is coming from?
What did you use to get the code U0100?

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab
Later model ALH TDI glow plugs, relay difference

Thanks for sharing all of this, gentlemen. It's helped me narrow significantly the GP issue I am repairing.

JohnV

TDI
2004 Jetta Sedan 243k miles
I mentioned this once before somewhere. A local mechanic said he once found a leaking check valve in the fuel filter (on top) that allowed fuel to slowly leak back. So the first start was difficult and after everything fine. I would also hesitate to put 12 volts to a 5 volt glowplug...