Limp mode and P0090 - 2013 Passat

berks_tom

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
2013 Passat TDI SEL - 126K miles. The car has been running mostly fine since the emissions fix last spring. I have noticed an occasional hesitation, generally when the engine is cold and accelerating (gently) up to speed.

This evening when I started the car to leave work the check engine light came on. When I pulled away, the glow plug light started flashing. My first thought was to scan for codes after I got home. However, the car went into limp mode and would not easily go over 20 mph. I returned to the parking lot and shut off the car. When I restarted the car, my P3 gauge said "Code 0090" before displaying the coolant temp.

I googled code P0090 and found some information about the fuel pressure sensor.
I got a ride home from work and plan to use VCDS to scan the car tomorrow morning.

The car was filled up 4 days ago and is halfway through the tank. I use opti-lube at every fillup. I do most of my own service but farm out the more involved stuff.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts or suggestions.

berks_tom

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
VCDS Scan results

3 Faults Found:
8842 - Torque Difference Cylinder 1
P1004 00 [096] - Limit Value Exceeded
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

8844 - Torque Difference Cylinder 3
P1006 00 [096] - Limit Value Exceeded
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

5132 - Valve for Fuel Metering (N290)
P0090 00 [040] - Open Circuit
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 4
Mileage: 202395 km
Date: 2017.12.12
Time: 12:36:51

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
Bump for wiring fault. Today I was driving home and started moderately aggressively from a stop light and immediately got a flashing glow plug light and limp mode. Got home and scanned P0090, no check engine light and restart was fine without flashing glow plug light. This is what I found.
Took me a while to barely splice up some wire, reconnect and scan -no fault found!

Question, is there a video showing how to break down the connector so that I could properly rewire it? There was a clip inside so I know it probably comes apart, just don't know how.