WTB: #3 injector hard line. Leaking

V-DubLuv

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Tdi
my #3 injector is leaking from the top where the hard line attaches. Ive tried re-tightening a couple times with no luck and now the car feels like it has a lumpy idle and has been smoking quite a bit lately.

No luck finding any for sale on Ebay or craigslist.

Anyone have a spare injector line laying around?

Shipping To 95616. Thanks!

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I'd first retry reseating the line. Loosen that line at the IP end and then work the injector end. Tighten the IP end and then see if you're good. If still leaking then look to lap the line+injector: do a search on this.

You don't want to over-tighten. Not sure what the torque spec is for the lines, but use that (I recently had a leaking caliper connection after brake work and I didn't go by spec, ended up being just a little shy yet it leaked- caliper on the other side was similarly under-torqued and it didn't leak; point is is that sometimes it doesn't take being off very much for there to be leaks).

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Barring your possibly seating it and fixing the issue, I think I have a set in my garage, but will have to put hands on them before I promise availability.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
seems you have another issue and a leaking injector may be the least of your worries... i'd measure injector balance in vcds to guide you to a possible bad cylinder or bad injector... unless the injector is literally pouring fuel it will still fire and NOT cause lumpy idle or smoke

V-DubLuv

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Tdi
Sorry for the late reply. I will try lapping the injector nut to the injector body first before replacing the line. I've switched to a higher boost/less fuel tune to help compensate for smoke, and so far it seems to be better. I think the summer heat has been the biggest problem causing the smoke, its been over 100 degrees here for the last few weeks. I have an appointment set for tomorrow with someone who has vag com, hopefully we can find an issue with the injector balance. Wish me luck.