2002 Golf, 281k, San Diego

hoveldowns

TDI
2002 Golf (RIP) 2015 A3 (rose from the grave)
Trading in my Golf, I bought it in 2004 with 50,000 miles. The offer from the Kelly Blue Book ap is $863. Dealer will look at it to confirm. Body straight, upholstery is good, motor is good. Lot's of road noise. Installed Chinese axels, still have originals if interested. A/C works. Long time lurker, thought I joined years ago, but my questions were always answered from search.

hoveldowns

TDI
Tires are good. Also have a new timing belt, oil filter, fuel filter, proally some other stuff too, if you don't want the car. Old alternator with some rebuild parts, bridge and thingy that the brushes ride on. Can also trade face to face with a ffl dealer nearby, you pay the transfer fees. Any where along I-15

hoveldowns

TDI
I plan to trade it in at that price. If they play games, I'll take less but probably donate it. To another party right now the price is $950 to account for not having to pay sales tax on the trade in value.

hoveldowns

TDI
I bought a 2015 Audi A3 TDI with 9600 miles, there were two within 150 miles of me, one in San Diego and one in Ventura. I looked at a Golf SE TDI first and was amazed how far they have come since 2002. I would have bought it but I didn't have time that day. Through the years, I have run across many references about replacing VW parts-bushings for instance-with Audi parts because of the higher quality, so I checked out the whole car. I was surprised that the two I saw weren't much more than the Golf's I looked at. Luckily, TDI Club has an A3 thread and with the shared engine, I will still have a source for information.

hoveldowns

TDI
Donated to the San Diego Gospel Mission. It continues to be a Holy Roller. May she rest in parts...

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
oh man, I peeked in the thread too late :(

I need A/C out here in the desert, too.