FS: 2000 2 door Golf TDI 5 spd, one owner

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Well guess it's time. I'm posting this for my dad; I sold my 4D Golf and he's decided to sell his 2D. He's getting up there in age and doesn't much care for the ride height anymore, basically has a hard time getting in and out of the car. Might be time for something higher...

Haven't bought a new car yet, we'll spend some time shopping, but first this car needs a new home.

First a bit about the car. It was bought brand new from Windsor VW in May 1999 and was a special order. The car was delivered from Germany (yes, German build) in August of 1999. It is a 2 door TDI GL, Satin Silver with black interior.

There is an endless list of maintenance, repairs, and upgrades that the car has gotten over the years. This is an owner-maintained car, not shop maintained - EVER! So you will not find everything broken, incorrect, and missing as you would with a shop maintained car. I have done every bit of work on this car, I've done all the upgrades with longevity and enjoyment in mind. This has been a faithful daily driver and still is.

The car is still kept to the highest standard, summer tires are only a year old, winter tires have 3 seasons on them, oil changes and filter changes are all kept up to date. Timing belt was done 20K kms ago, G60/VR6 clutch was done a few years back. This car has never had 'an event' - never a TB failure and never a runaway. It is as virgin as can be. There are 368K kms on the clock right now (228k miles). There is a Philips and Temro 1500W coolant heater.

There ARE NO CEL, no ABS, no SRS codes - the car is without issue. Even the rear hatch handle lock works with a key!!! Those in the northern states know what I'm talkin about :) Rear beam bushings have been done, front LCA bushings have been done, tie rods, ball joints, front wheel bearings, brakes all around, new rear calipers, Bilstein shocks, 20th anniversary Golf springs, TT shifter (just added last week), R32/TT OEM pedals including dead pedal, boost gauge, .216 nozzles done by drivbiwire, Atlas skid plate, engine cover pop-off, beetle front head rests, Monster mats (albeit Jetta ones, but with the correct round clips at least)... I dunno, best let the pics do the talking.

There is a touch of rust starting on the lip of the rear hatch, I've included several pics of the rear for detail. The rear bumper has scratches, the front has... well look at the pics. Nothing awful, but not perfect.

Asking $5500USD or best offer. It is a one-owner car, and better still, owner maintained too. You can ask any question about it, and I will have the answer. That's not something you can get anywhere else.

I can help with paperwork to import the car into the states too. Mine was sold in Michigan and there was zero issue importing the car.

exterior

interior

Last edited:

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
Free bump for a great car !! ( PM sent about parts)

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Sharp car. It's easy to see that you are a fastidious one! Bump for both of those!

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Thanks @Mike in Anchorage!

Bump again! Clapped out cars are selling near $3k, this car is nice as pie; hoping to find it a good home. You will spend more buying a clapped out car and fixing it than buying a nice one to begin with.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Might be a little on the high side. Son's car was $5,500: and it was from the original BC owner; yeah, a LOT easier to keep a car maintained on the West coast. And, yes, four door and not two: but I really haven't seen much in the way of a price differentiation- I personally don't like 2-door cars (especially smaller ones), but that's my preference.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Might be a little on the high side. Son's car was $5,500: and it was from the original BC owner; yeah, a LOT easier to keep a car maintained on the West coast. And, yes, four door and not two: but I really haven't seen much in the way of a price differentiation- I personally don't like 2-door cars (especially smaller ones), but that's my preference.
Way high.

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
The car is priced high because the price reflects the quality of this example. Whether someone wants a quality car is another question.

I sold my modified Golf for $3.5; this car is at least $3K better

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
Nice Looking car! Those door liners are hilarious! was that an easy mod?
I'm Thinking of selling mine golf as well, but it is in no where near as good condition!

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Thanks astonishedboy, yeah it isn't overly hard - i did a bit of a writeup in the interior forum but there are probably way better how-to's on vortex about this sort of thing

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Let us know what you end up selling it for. Be interesting to compare notes.

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Boostedcrx91, yeah I sent you a PM with my phone number.

UhOh, will do. It won't be far from where it's priced because this isn't a clapped out car we need to unload. I'm indifferent between selling or keeping around this price...

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
asking price met. 1st person to see the car bought it, long time VW owner... so I'm confident it went to a good home. thanks for the many years TDIClub, bye for now I guess; will surely return to lurk around.