Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Just as the title states... if you actually purchase one of these (new 2015s) share your pricing. I hope to keep this going for a bit to track how many of these are actually moving.

I do know at the meetings up here in the north east, these sales managers expected most of the deposit inventory to be sold with this incentive. Let's see if the numbers move in the buyers favor, or these cars move quickly.

Good luck to all!

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Looking on cars.com, many dealers are advertising with a discount and many more just msrp. I, too, am interested in information about actual sales.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
After looking on Cars.com for a sel premium, all I see is the original sticker price and the same discount every where. $5,000.00 off of sticker for 0% for 72 mos or 2 year lease with $8,500.00 off sticker.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI (Canadian Import) 5 Speed, 2015 Golf TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE (connectivity) DSG
Looking on cars.com, many dealers are advertising with a discount and many more just msrp. I, too, am interested in information about actual sales.
I've been checking up on it as well, a couple listed in the northeast are advertising 6k off MSRP- not sure if you see similar in your area- wondering if they sell at the $6k off or stay stuck at 5k... either way I'm interested to see where this goes

Last edited:

kltk1

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Very interested in seeing if this turns out to be the case. Just checked Autotrader and there are numerous cars listed, but, when you go to the dealer website and search their inventory, the cars aren't listed. Would be helpful if we knew what dealers actually have them on the lot ready to move here in the NJ/NY/CT/PA area.

allride

TDI
2014 JSW
Just found this in my spam box:

Jeff D'Ambrosio Volkswagen Is Happy To Announce:

New 2015 Volkswagen TDI Vehicles Are Now Available!

Up to $8500 off* - Everyone Qualifies!
0% financing available up to 72 months*

Hurry In! Limited Availability - ONLY 50 left in stock!

Call or Stop In ASAP!

484-593-5000

Only 50 left??

Hard to believe, never saw that many there.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Just found this in my spam box:
Jeff D'Ambrosio Volkswagen Is Happy To Announce:
New 2015 Volkswagen TDI Vehicles Are Now Available!
Up to $8500 off* - Everyone Qualifies!
0% financing available up to 72 months*
Hurry In! Limited Availability - ONLY 50 left in stock!
Call or Stop In ASAP!
484-593-5000
Only 50 left??
Hard to believe, never saw that many there.

Interesting

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
Very interested in seeing if this turns out to be the case. Just checked Autotrader and there are numerous cars listed, but, when you go to the dealer website and search their inventory, the cars aren't listed. Would be helpful if we knew what dealers actually have them on the lot ready to move here in the NJ/NY/CT/PA area.
Im sure inventory will be updated shortly, the release was Friday so I'm expecting dealers to update next week- probably surprised most of the salesmen I would say.

kltk1

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Thank you. I'm going to reach out to a couple of dealers in my area Monday. Probably a couple I came across on Autotrader as well..

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Yes, IBW was saying on the other thread that VW branded websites could not list the TDI's in inventory until yesterday. My local dealer has 16 on cars.com, only one so far on dealer webpage, not discounted at all from MSRP so far. Other dealers, however, seems to be up front about the $5K discount.

2010golf

TDI
2010 golf 6spd manual RIP. 2015 golf 6spd manual
Just bought 2015 golf tdi s 6m paid sticker- 5k so 18,200. Dealer very stubborn on price . O well. I like the car.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just bought 2015 golf tdi s 6m paid sticker- 5k so 18,200. Dealer very stubborn on price . O well. I like the car.
Thanks for sharing the price info

-------------------------------------

More or less this is the same car I bout 2015 July.

Paid $24,895 - $4,000 + $500 to have it delivered to driveway

Yours M6?

Mine DSG

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Sister in law just signed and deposited for a black SE 6MT GSW for MSRP -$5k and dealer took off another $1k. They expect her to take delivery next week or two.

tonestar

Veteran Member
TDI
Sister in law just signed and deposited for a black SE 6MT GSW for MSRP -$5k and dealer took off another $1k. They expect her to take delivery next week or two.
Which dealer? I am seeing this 6k off on other advertised prices

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Is the $5k off a VW amount or is that just a number dealers are going with?

I ask because my local dealers haven't said anything about $5k off (and I've asked a lot). Curious as to what's up.

2010golf

TDI
2010 golf 6spd manual RIP. 2015 golf 6spd manual
Is the $5k off a VW amount or is that just a number dealers are going with?

I ask because my local dealers haven't said anything about $5k off (and I've asked a lot). Curious as to what's up.
Its From vw. Should be the total price on the mpg- build sheet - 5k. If dealers are not mentioning it either the manager hasn't told them or they are adding 5k to the sticker price.!

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Its From vw. Should be the total price on the mpg- build sheet - 5k. If dealers are not mentioning it either the manager hasn't told them or they are adding 5k to the sticker price.!
Know where I can find concrete info on this? So I can walk into the dealer with proof that these should be $5k less?

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
Golf trendline

Hey guys,

15, Golf, manual w cruise, trendline
23,600 all in (Quebec)
Couldnt say no, I have the same car now and I love it. Will sell back current 15 TDI for 24k, loan is paid.

annika

TDI
2003 beetle, 2015 beetle
Onion Creek VW in Austin, Texas. picked up an auto beetle yesterday for 5K off MSRP. Just happened to be on the lot, wanted a beetle and found it tucked away in the back corner of the lot. They said they were released to sell that day but they still needed to do all the work.

kirillp

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI 2.0
Bought a Jetta Trendline TDI auto yesterday from Fifth Ave Auto Haus, Calgary. Cash deal they got me 7k off for a total of 20,595 Canadian bucks.
Picking it up Thursday.

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
I do not understand the rationale of folks accepting just the 5k off sticker for these cars, but good on ya.

I'll wait until the hysteria dies down on these.

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
I do not understand the rationale of folks accepting just the 5k off sticker for these cars, but good on ya.

I'll wait until the hysteria dies down on these.
I'm with you. I put a refundable deposit on a Passat "before they knew the pricing". Once they learned about the 5K, they didn't want to move from the 5K discount. Instead they raised the price by $975 for additional crap we say we've done to the car, $547 Doc Fee, $27 title fee.... Oh and if you want a lease? $629 processing fee... ***? Are you soft? The S model we were looking at had a 28.5K sticker. It's KBB was about 22,500 as best I could tell. We were 3000 away from that number. Oh wait, they'll reduce the $975 to only $250.

Really??

WhatFloor

TDI
Golf 2015 TDI S Manual (Purchased new in 2017)
TSB has been sent to Cdn dealers for a refit of these vehicles before being sold
Going to try and get my hands on it and post

"In order to assist with preparing vehicles for sale, Volkswagen Canada has provided an Extended Inspection process released as a Technical Service Bulletin. This TSB must be completed for each MY15 2.0L TDI inventory vehicle before it is offered to a customer for sale.
The maintenance covers items such as, but not limited to: battery, tires, paint and, brakes."

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Paint? I hope that just means washing them!
Respectfully, I do hope it is only a wash job etc

A car that has real paint repair issues is a car to be avoided. Nothing is equal to the *original* factory paint. Period.

Weather elements, are viscous, on paint (not to forget the interior materials) leather fabric, plastic

Weather, heat cold wind sun, freeze, refreeze, (over a longer time frame) will erode rock

IMO, it is going to boil down to buyers, making an informed decision, on each and every (differently stored) car.

If there ever was an apple and oranges situation ..........

Buyer beware

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
Paint fixes WILL happen. There were several 2015s I saw locally that had multiple dents in the hoods and some in the rear quarters. Those won't have all factory paint on them when they are sold. Then there was the swimmer SEL wagon that was full of water from what appeared to have been a sunroof leak or the sunroof being left open. Beautiful car but 5 inches of standing water in each footwell!

Setting a reasonable value on even the cars that seem to be in good shape has been my dilemma also. I argue it should be no more than KBB CPO pricing and the dealers come back with, but it's a NEW, never titled car.. I think both arguments are more of a "sort of".... And both prices are significantly different.

We've driven 3 of them so far and all have varying degrees of flat spots in the tires.

As mentioned above... Buyer DEFINITELY beware.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Paint fixes WILL happen. There were several 2015s I saw locally that had multiple dents in the hoods and some in the rear quarters. Those won't have all factory paint on them when they are sold. Then there was the swimmer SEL wagon that was full of water from what appeared to have been a sunroof leak or the sunroof being left open. Beautiful car but 5 inches of standing water in each footwell!
.. Buyer DEFINITELY beware.
GAD

In Okieville we call the swimmer a river job (Flood title)

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Setting a reasonable value on even the cars that seem to be in good shape has been my dilemma also. I argue it should be no more than KBB CPO pricing and the dealers come back with, but it's a NEW, never titled car.. I think both arguments are more of a "sort of".... And both prices are significantly different.
Well, as crazy as it seems to some of us, the market is working as intended, and willing buyers are affirming the prices attached of these vehicles. Keep in mind that market value determines KBB, not the other way around.

I'm not changing my tune, however -- this finite pool of "new" cars become just more used autos once they're titled, so I don't effect this frenzied value will translate.

But that shouldn't matter to any buyer who keeps their car long term.