Vehicle vibration/shaking at 45+MPH

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Has anyone else experienced this with recent cars that were purchased from the stop sale?

I've got a 15' with just over 22k on it and the car has had a vibration since I bought the vehicle, I've got a suspicion that it is due to the tires being flat spotted (I worked at a GM dealer where this was an issue with the Silverado/Sierra/Yukon twins etc would sit on the lot and then when someone would buy them they would complain of a vibration) but I have balanced the tires but after taking a long trip (NC-IN and back 1200+miles) this last weekend the vibration has almost become more noticeable. Granted I know this could be something else but the steering wheel and the drivers seat both vibrate when going anything above 45MPH. I know the at the dealer I got mine from said the vehicles were started everyday and moved to avoid this but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue or taken theirs to VW and what the service department has said

fastcar4re

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL (purchased as "new" in May 2017).
I now have about 800 miles on my "new" 2015 Jetta SEL TDI that I purchased in May 2017. I have not noticed any vibrations, but will tune in a bit more this weekend. I do most of my driving at 45 mph and below, but should be on a highway this weekend.

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
Deal is full of it. I find it hard to believe they are paying somone to move all the vehicles they bought back. Sounds like classic tire imbalance or maybe a bad rotor or just could be something broke in suspension. Either way, I would have the dealer remedy the issue. That is not acceptable. Hope this is resolved soon!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Yeah go back to the dealer, tell them the issue and have them replace the tires.

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Alright so after the first balance didn't work, had the tires re-balanced/road force balanced this last Saturday and drove on an hour trip (120 miles) both ways Sunday and to back and forth to work about 15 miles each day this week. So far seems to have fixed it for the most part, I can notice a little at 65 but 70 and above the seats starts vibrating.

Car will be coming up on its first oil change here soon and I will have dealer take a look at it then but the tires are at about 6/32 so my plan right now is to wait it out and then purchase new tires. Anyone got preferred brands they bought and are really happy with? Was looking mainly at Bridgestone, Michelin and maybe Uniroyal/Goodyear

Thanks for the help

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Different car and maybe different issue. But since the car you bought was not actually new then this may apply.
My previous 2002 Jetta developed a slight shake which felt like unbalanced front tires and it turned out both front axles need to be replaced.
In your case maybe the previous owner hit a curb at high speed ?

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I was told at a dealer that they were to install 4 new tires and all new brakes along with a new battery in the 2015 TDI's. Yes they were to start and run them around but let's face they never did do what vw told them to do.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Jetta Pilot. You are in Ontario if so where did you get your led's. I am looking for them so long as they don't throw a code or what have you.

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
FXDL, that is interesting, the only thing I was told by the dealer was that the vehicles were started and moved everyday and all fluids/maintenance items were kept up. I've got just a little over 22,317 miles so I am going to do the first oil change (4300 or so after I purchased the vehicle) short just to make sure things are okay and have them look at the vibration as well. We will see

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
The new tires,brakes and battery was the Barrie dealer here in Ontario that told me. Lets face it they weren't moving them and starting them up like they were told to,the 2015's they had in storage till they were allowed to sell them. I would believe the dealer about as far as I could throw them.

DSIre

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf TDI (sold), 2011 A3 TDI, 2015 A3 TDI (Returned)
I was told at a dealer that they were to install 4 new tires and all new brakes along with a new battery in the 2015 TDI's. Yes they were to start and run them around but let's face they never did do what vw told them to do.
Both tires and batteries have date of manufacture codes on them. If they are not within three months of todays date, they are "old".

This is year 17.............
If your tires have codes ending in 14 or 15 your dealer is making up a story

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Jetta Pilot. You are in Ontario if so where did you get your led's. I am looking for them so long as they don't throw a code or what have you.
eBay, must be CanBus or error free bulbs !!!