FS:MK2 1991 Jetta Coupe ALH Swap Very Clean

ultimagtr

TDI
91 Coupe, 03 Wagon, 14 JSW
SOLD 1991 German built Jetta Coupe that I have just completed an ALH/O2J swap on. 183xxx miles on the body and 163xxx miles on the engine and trans
NO RUST OR DAMAGE, SUPER CLEAN BOTH INSIDE AND OUT
All the work has been done by me with 0 corners cut. It took me a year from start to finish and this thing runs excellent.
I drove it to Euro Hanger (400 mile round trip) and pretty much all summer and it runs like a champ, I have put about 3K miles on it this summer. There are A LOT OF things done to the car and IT NEEDS NOTHING!
if you have any questions let me know, I have a ton of pictures of the swap as well

NOTE: no AC or Power Steering (the rack is looped). The AC Compressor and PS pump bracket have been modified and these components can't easily go back on

ALH SWAP from a 2003 Jetta TDI
New Timing belt with Water Pump

Engine
- ARP head studs.
- Series 7 Borg Warner Turbocharger V.2
- Kerma Q-Loader programmer for ALH 2000-2003
- Bosio DLC 764 Nozzles "ULSD RATED"
- Kerma Injector Calibration & Nozzle Mounting (VE)
- 3 Bar MAP sensor
- PD130 Intake manifold with "race pipe" (No EGR)
- Autometer Boost an Pyrometer gauges installed in the center console
- Custom front mount intercooler with welded 2.25" Aluminum pipes
- Custom Intake with cone filter
- Scirocco aluminum radiator with corresponding Flex-a-lite dual fans running the MK4 fan relay (custom mounted on crossmember to provide more room in engine bay)
- Stance Dubs swap harness
Trans:
- South Bend Clutch Stage 2 Endurance (5-speed) with 22lb Single Mass Flywheel
- Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential for the 5-speed 02J
- Diesel Geek Short Shifter
- Stainless Steel clutch line
- MK4 shift tower and cables
Chassis:
-Vmaxx coil overs
- MK3 sub-frame with BFI 0.5 Engine mounts, Passat VR6 front cross member and Passat motor mount brackets
- Every bushing has been changed in the suspension: R32 and Polyurethene Front Control Arm Bushings, thrust bearings in the struts etc.
- MK3 10.1" brakes up front with disks in the rear (MK4 rear calipers) with 23mm master cylinder as well as brand new brake lines, not just the flex braided ones but the hard ones running under the car from the master cylinder back.
-TT 2.25 Stainless Steel exhaust with magnaflow muffler, 2.25 Down pipe, no cat
- 1552 RML 15" snowflakes with new tires
-E-Code Headlights with H4 bulbs and an Innovative wiring harness with dual relays and circuit breakers
- Crystal clear big bumper turn signals
-clear banana lights
-clear/red taillights
-Amber lens fog lights added
-35%window tint all the way around
-European map pockets, to delete knee bar
-early 3 point belt conversion, to remove seatbelt on door
- power base recaro gray seats front and back from '91 GLI with centers recovered in light grey Faux alacantara with recaro logo stitched in green. As well as heated seat elements in front seats
-CD radio with 5 channel amp and custom sub enclosure in trunk.
-key less electronic locks
Sold
Located in Macomb MI
Most recent pics first and some of the swap.

At Euro Hanger

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
nice looking car. GLWS. looks like a lot of work went into this one.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Are there hidden flexible connections on your intercoolert piping? I see the small fitting on the intake, but I do not see anything on the turbo side up to the intercooler. is your engine mounted very firmly with super stiff motor mounts to contain any movement? all of that shiny piping looks great, but I also know that these engines like to move around...

ultimagtr

TDI
Are there hidden flexible connections on your intercoolert piping? I see the small fitting on the intake, but I do not see anything on the turbo side up to the intercooler. is your engine mounted very firmly with super stiff motor mounts to contain any movement? all of that shiny piping looks great, but I also know that these engines like to move around...

Very good question and observation.

There are a total of four couplers on the pipes, one 90* from the turbo to the hot charge pipe, another 90* from the hot charge pipe to the intercooler. A 90* from the intercooler to the cold charge pipe and then the only visible one that is a 2.5" >2.25" reduction coupler you see on the EGR valve delete pipe. The pipes have the ability toflex around as there is play in the couplers. The pipes have beads rolled on the ends and the couplers have a lot of give. Also, the engine in on BFI 0.5 engine mounts so it is a bit stiffer than stock. I have played with the piping setup a lot in order to accommodate the engine movement and it is very flexible.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Very cool car. Good luck with the sale.

I had a Mk2 Jetta 2dr 20 years ago. It was a gasser (and a beater) but it was still a cool car.

Nice job on this one.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
I would jump on this if I was still up in MN. This is really a one-of-a-kind relic, just like that 6 speed B5 here...

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Awesome car!

ultimagtr

TDI
Awesome car!
Thank you, I am enjoying it a lot, the only thing is I've been bitten by the M3 Bug and I can't keep this car as well unfortunately.
Until it sells I'll continue to enjoy it.....on nice days :D

ssaric1.9TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI, 2003 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Great looking jetta, if I had the money I would be all over it. GLWS

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
making my own so im not in the market but i have to ask. what are the specs on rims and tires? do they sit flush with bare wheel wells? did you have to flare fenders, etc?

im working on mk2 golf and went with a slightly lower spring setup just to make it look nicer but im angry at the company that sold the setup to me because even without the car loaded its not sitting right and will squat in back i just know it when i put stereo, etc. in.

i might even revisit that for stock height if the tires fill things out nicely. i also want the stock overall tire height to get good mileage.

ultimagtr

TDI
what are the specs on rims and tires? do they sit flush with bare wheel wells? did you have to flare fenders, etc?
Hi,

The wheels are 15x8 et30 and the tires are 195/50

The do sit pretty flush with the bare fender, with the car that low and with people in the car, over hard bumps I do get slight rubbing on the front right side. The fenders are still stock but with a little "massaging" they would not make contact at all. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

damac

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Hi,
The wheels are 15x8 et30 and the tires are 195/50
The do sit pretty flush with the bare fender, with the car that low and with people in the car, over hard bumps I do get slight rubbing on the front right side. The fenders are still stock but with a little "massaging" they would not make contact at all. It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it.

thanks allot, no spacers or anything just the same rim size all the way around and 15" rims?