Progress Reports - CONSOLIDATE IN ONE THREAD! Please bump your master pages :)

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Hello folks, a reminder to please police your threads. If a customer bumps an old thread and you now have 2 on front page, then do some grooming or reach out with requests of moderators. I put a temporary lock on 2 such threads just now.

FWIW: Fred is researching forum upgrades this year, and this is one of our prime topics we want managed better. Thank you for your patience, and just let me know by PM what you prefer for getting your one thread back on track.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
We imposed a short-term lock on 2 vendor threads last week because they were over the 2-thread limit. I sent PM's requesting what they want to do to resolve, but have not heard back yet.

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
First of all thank you for the diligent work you guys are putting in.
Hmmm, well hope to hear back from INA....
Only 1 of our threads were locked but thank you for bringing it to my attention.
We imposed a short-term lock on 2 vendor threads last week because they were over the 2-thread limit. I sent PM's requesting what they want to do to resolve, but have not heard back yet.
I currently have 2 threads in the vendor forum:
- Fluidampr
- CCV
Also as per the PM sent to TDImeister , No such PM was sent to my inbox. If a PM was sent , this would not have come as a surprise. Can print screen my inbox if you wish.
Whatever the case , if I am correct , I have to oscillate weekly between the 2 thread?
Any direction so that my customers don't think I have vanished would be appreciated.
Thank You.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
PM's are a better forum :)

If your thread is set up well, you can fit everything into one easily. Everyone else does.

This is a great, free resource for you guys worth $thousands of dollars/year. Until the forum upgrades can manage things like this better, it's the imperfect system we're stuck with.

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
PM's are a better forum :)
Right understood , however , I never got one :(
If your thread is set up well, you can fit everything into one easily. Everyone else does.
Ok is it possible to merge our 2 threads into 1 for now and when I get around to it , I will edit the 1st post to discuss the 2 different (and more products)
Incoming PM.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Right understood , however , I never got one :(

Ok is it possible to merge our 2 threads into 1 for now and when I get around to it , I will edit the 1st post to discuss the 2 different (and more products)
Incoming PM.
You bet. I'll work it tonight. Send me a PM with any special instructions and your preferred title. (can always be changed).

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Rock Auto - 5 separate threads on page one alone.

AARodriguez Corp - 3 threads on page one

BleachedBora - 3 threads on page one

corrado tdi, GotEuroCorrado, Franko6, ECS tuning, jetta 97, LoluspolousTDI, all have 2 open threads on page one.

Has the policy on one master page per vendor changed?

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Looks like we need another round of enforcement, sorry.

This is still not the system any of us want. Fred is contemplating major forum updates (switching to another forum software) that should help with many of our forum management issues, but that is a big project.

PLEASE self-enforce. I'm giving until 16:30 on 28 May and then I'm closing your lowest threads if you have multiples.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
PLEASE self-enforce. I'm giving until 16:30 on 28 May and then I'm closing your lowest threads if you have multiples.
It's been brought to my attention that "1st page results" is subjective to your forum settings. Example, I have my settings at "1 month" while a friend has them set for "50 posts". What is the standard that we are supposed to go by?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Defaults are, I believe, sort by last post time, descending, posts from the last month.

DT_Tuning

TDI
Fabia VRS
Is the vendor registration still a thing? There hasn't been any responses to any attempts we've made to contact or to the fax. :confused: