shock/strut question

jthesby

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Silver TDI Golf
Would the shocks/struts from a 20th/ae be any different from whats on my stock tdi???let me know

4JimmyVee

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Silver
I currently replacing my stock suspension, there is 207k on the car and the springs are so soft the car sits about 1 inch lower than they should also well I used to drive off road rally in my gas golf and the current situation will not work this winter as rally season starts in December. I have not decided to rally this car but would like to have the car ready just in case. I'm leaning towards http://www.srsvw.com/parts/suspensions/. This system does not lower the car, which is a concern for the off road and to combine it with a skid plate. Real Street Suspensions $995. I checked around I think you can put it together for $875 if you mix up the stores.

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
jthesby said:
Would the shocks/struts from a 20th/ae be any different from whats on my stock tdi???let me know

20thAE/GLI/337 suspension sits about 1inch lower then stock and is a bit stiffer. Very nice upgrade from stock without spending alot of $$$$...

If you are using your stock TDI springs, the only thing you'll notice is the ride is a bit stiffer, ride height will remain the same.