New Toyota 22R Adapter

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jeep Cherokee TDI, 2008 Jeep JKU TDI
OK, you voted and I listened.
Here is the new Toyota 22R adapter.
I still need to get it bolted onto an engine and test that the starter engages properly and everything else lines up.
It is doweled into both the TDI and Toyota so should have no alignment problems. It also spaces the engine out about 2 inches from the trans.
Unfortunately I will be away for the next 10 days and wont get this tested until I return so I cant ship this quite yet, just a teaser. ;>)

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
awesome, makes my decision to make my next daily driver an ALH 2wd toyota!

Last edited:

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
Unfortunately i have the v6 trans otherwise i would be selling my current adapter setup cause that extra 2 inches would help tremendously. Looks great!

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
Hmmmmmm. Maybe i can work on the wiring in the mean time

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
Its just the design of my adapters. They all move the TDI 2" forward. In most vehicles the 2" helps with clearance between the firewall and the vacuum pump.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi, I am wondering if these are available yet? Not ready for one yet, but planning on converting a tacoma for my next daily driver, starting in a year and would love to use one of these as opposed to the other options.

toyotdi

TDI
4Runner
I have been doing a lot of research for a swap on my 1997 4Runner--with a V6 that's weak and poor MPG; I think I found a solution/swap that I wanted to do now.

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Bravo! I have considered rear drive car swaps of other brands, like Miata or something, and I have considered using a Toyota transmission in them for ease of adaption to the engine as there were lots of adapters for them. Now there is a trustworthy and worthy adapter available which makes it a slam dunk in most RWD swaps.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
just checking in on the 22r adapter. I consistently troll craigslist in southern california for clean 1st generation tacomas....

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
Shipped the first one a few Weeks ago. Need to get a picture and post it to the website but yes I now have those in stock.