Biodiesel Carpooling in Baltimore County/Towson

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
If this is an unappropriate place to post this, my appoligies, moderator please move it to where it is appropriate.

Being that I am not nearly as involved on this forum like I used to a year ago, I forgot about the Berlin trip, what a shame, a fun social trip and bio for only 2.90

well unfortuantly berlin is too far for me to put on my tachometer, so for now I will have to do with westminister shell. Being that it is 45 miles from my home in towson I figured it make more sense to carpool, with the back seats down I figure we would be able to fit 12 Blitz tanks.
Ideally I would like to find someone to switch driving with. Or if you are the type that likes to maximize the ammount of fuel, and thus REALLY wants to fill their tank, Id be more than happy to ride along and pitch in for fuel. Or the ideal would be we could take turns driving.
Or if you love to drive and dont mind adding to the odometer, I would be more than happy to ride with you to berlin.

Just yesterday diesel in towson went from 2.39 to 2.59. I finsished my last 5 galler last week, did a b40 mix, went empty and added 3.5 gallons of dino, enough to get to westminsiter in the next 3 days.

So let me know what you think. Ideally I would love to set up a email list for baltimore TDI'ers, so we could have a network to set up carpools more easier. In my opinion we are a huge demographic for our beloved engines. Although I would say much less are here on the club, or bio enthusiasts.

So if you are interested please reply here as well as PM, because like I said, ultimately I would rather have a group of people in our area with which we can carpool with.

Plus when I tell my friends i drive 45 mins to fill up, I will look a little less crazy

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
Re: Biodiesel Carpooling in Baltimore County/Towso

Okay no replies, at least I am not in trouble for posting this here.

Well with Towson Mobile shooting from 2.39 to 2.59 in one day, I must go to get bio. Even though Taylorsville costs 3.59, I dont see myself going to Ocean City anytime soon.
I really hope the taylorsville shell owner doesnt raise the price in relation to rising dyno prices, the rising petroleum prices shouldnt effect bio unless taxes go up? right? thats why I was pissed when shell raised to 3.59 from 3.00$ Bio should get cheaper with time. The whole point is it should be unafected by the crude oil market. Wouldnt that be something else if Gas goes up to 4-5$/gallon, and bio stays at 3 something, I guess it will be up to the retailers to be riteous, what I am saying?!? we live in a capatilist nirvana

As far as I know Taylorsville and Berlin are it for maryland retailers.

So whether or not you are not in need of going to Taylorsville/Berlin this week, what do you think of setting up an email mailing list for Biodiesel carpooling in Maryland? To those that are newer the internet, email lists kind of preceded the forum concept you see here. You would register to the email list, and say you wanted to post something; you would send an email to list server, and that message would get bounced to all the other subscribers. The subscribers have the choice of replying publicly to the list or privately to poster. It is a great system, but it would get out of hand when the amount of messages would get over 50 messages a day, and it would suck up all of your time. I used to be a member of an audi group, back when audi was still an enthusiast only company, and most of us had 5000's

The rebate ends September 30, so I am trying to get as much as possible until then, being that I am only put 180$ sofar. You never know if they will extend the rebate again, but nonetheless after rebate, bio is cheaper than dino.

Is there still a commitee of people who are trying to persuade baltimore Gas stations to carry Bio?

Anyways, I really want to go tommorow, Tuesday or Wednesday. Again I live in Towson, and I have a 2002 Jetta Sedan and a GMC Sierra truck (17-19 mpg) if you think that would be a better idea, or if a third person wants to go.

Please let me know, you can PM me or quicker yet Email me at Charmcitywholesale@gmail.com

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red

Even though Taylorsville costs 3.59, I dont see myself going to Ocean City anytime soon.
I really hope the taylorsville shell owner doesnt raise the price in relation to rising dyno prices, the rising petroleum prices shouldnt effect bio unless taxes go up? right?
I regret to inform you that B100 was $3.699 at Taylorsville when I filled up on the 10th.

The rebate ends September 30, so I am trying to get as much as possible until then, being that I am only put 180$ sofar. You never know if they will extend the rebate again, but nonetheless after rebate, bio is cheaper than dino.
Once again I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I filed for my last rebate I received instead a form letter informing me that the funds for this fiscal year are exhausted and there will be no further rebates this fiscal year. The new fiscal year will start on October 1 and with it a new rebate program, but letter indicates the terms of the rebates are changing. Details will not be available until October.

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof

What?!?! you are bearing some VERY bad news, and sad for the sake of rhyming.

Now I never used the rebate as my sole reason to buy bio, but it is a good plus, especially since it is cheaper than dyno after it.

But I have had it with shell, I so dont buy that they HAD to raise there prices at all since it was 3$ a gallon. Unless someone can tell me why, I cant find myself understanding how they cost 80 cents more than Berlin, and why they did a ten cent increase, when the dyno market took a 20 cent hike.

Its obvious, so obvious they are soley profit motivated to sell bio. If they werent they would not move prices relative to the dyno market. Although I appreciate that they sell bio, I really wish a baltimore based retailer would pick up selling Biodiesel, even if they had the same price as shell, I wouldnt be driving 45 miles to pay out the nose.

And while I am ranting, Damn bush's lame energy bill(as in bill you have to pay :p )
Him and Kerry both played the biodiesel ticket in the elections while in farm country. And neither has washington nor hollywood given any press to bio/diesel.

When the first word is hybrid, when high gas prices are mentioned, the future of OUR internal combustion solution is in GREAT jeopardy. we can only hope that next year brings toyota, honda, and GM diesels. we can only hope, but probably 2007 the earliest, if we are lucky. If diesel grassroots and lobyists existed at full speed RIGHT now, we would have a chance. Is VW bribing in D.C.???

Well if you enjoy my rants, thanks, if not sorry, I am going to conteplate going down, I am heading to anapolis tonite for a work related thing. I think that gets me part of the way there.

but like I said about the politics, some small strugling farmers group should not have to subsidize the BioDiesel market, the government should, the feds should be writing that rebate. When was the last time that you went broke buying sugar or milk, stop worthless subsidizies! Also may I mention, that another thing that gets ECO-Technoligies alot of hype is susbsidies and Tax credits. they have realy helped hybrids when people say they are arent worth the premium.