Hard Start when WARM

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
ok i been trying to figure out my hard start situation for some time now.. and i went ahead and replace the fuel temp sensor because i was having the same hard start situation in both cold and hot weather.. now since i changed the sensor i have a hard start situation only when the car is warm....
I know someone told me i should go ahead and install the button to trick it at start but what other options are there.. i feel that i shouldnt have to mod the car to fix it back to factory specs...has to be something that im over looking.. help please

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Hard start warm is often the starter motor going out. It might be worth testing. Other possibility is timing. The gps may "mask" other cold starting problems in NC.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
rdkern said:
Hard start warm is often the starter motor going out. It might be worth testing. Other possibility is timing. The gps may "mask" other cold starting problems in NC.
The car turns over fairly quickly... but the thing is when the engine is warm the car will crank over like 10-15 times before starting when its cold it starts in like 1-3 turns of the engine