Doubst with dimension units in Vag-com

rcornejo

TDI
2.5 ACV
Hello dear fellow members of this forum,

I'm new here, I'm Chilean and hope you could understand my basic English. Thanks in advance.

Since a year ago we have a motorhome VW, 2.5 TDI year 1997, motor type ACV.

Recently I've bought an OBD cable and the Vag-com 311.2 SW, and I'm trying to check and understand some things.

My first question is what units are mg/R (is R=revolution?), and what unit is the H in mg/H, and how is the relation between the two. ??? Besides, What is "bin. bits"???

This is because I'm isolating why my turbo is not working, the first task is to check all of the hoses, then the MAF, solenoids, etc.

I hope someone may help me with this stuff.

Regards from Chile,

Sebastian

Vendor
Not sure how you could have aquired a VAG-COM Version from 2003 "recently" but feel free to use the more current VCDS-Lite from our website with your 3rd party interface.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

As for the Units, the mg/R stands for Revolutions or Strokes while the mg/H is the German term for Hub which also means Stroke. Bin Bits means Binary Bits, but that gets us back to a more current version of VCDS which would probably have proper label files and specifications for your Engine to begin with. ;)

rcornejo

TDI
2.5 ACV
Not sure how you could have aquired a VAG-COM Version from 2003 "recently" but feel free to use the more current VCDS-Lite from our website with your 3rd party interface.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

As for the Units, the mg/R stands for Revolutions or Strokes while the mg/H is the German term for Hub which also means Stroke. Bin Bits means Binary Bits, but that gets us back to a more current version of VCDS which would probably have proper label files and specifications for your Engine to begin with. ;)
Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your answer.
I will follow your advice tryng with a lite version from Ross-Tech.
And thanks again for clearing my question about dimensions, i've been asking for them in Spanish (from Spain) forums but it seems that nobody knows about that.

Regards from Chile,

rca