Interior trunk light

Currco

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2011
I have a 2011 jetta wagon tdi. I replaced my OEM interior light with some error free LED light and all was fine a a day. Last night my rear hatch in terroir light stopped working. I put the old bulb in and nothing. I removed the light unit and tested the plug, no power. I have not located any fuses that are blown and any fuse location diagrams do not seam to correspond with my vehicle. I live far from a dealer and really like to figure thing out on my own. Any thoughts kind vw world

Currco

TDI
Jetta sportwagon 2011
Good news. I opened the trunk hatch and initinvertatly bumped the hatch latch and the cargo light came on. I wiggled it some more and the light flickered. So I removed the hatch plastic cover, unplugged the latch and removed the latch mechanism. I plugged it back in and continued to wiggle it. I knew that there were switch connections inside so I disassemble the latch mechanism. It was not ment to be disassembled but I did it anyway. I discovered that there w as a small set of switches side by side with levers to make contact in the closed or open latch. I carefully bent them to increase the pressure while they would have been in the "light on" position. I the. Tried it out several times assuring the unit was fully operational and then reassembled the hatch. The light is perfect. I installed the no error LEDs and that was a major improvement in light. Thanks for your help it pushed me to become better aquionted with my car. I have owned 3 1980 deisel rabbits and I was intimately aquionted with them as I worked on them far to often. Cheers