TDI Motorcycle

dieseltwitch

Veteran Member
TDI
05.0' Jetta 1.9L
I was looking around for some diesel motor cycles and found this:

Track T-800CDI has an 800 cc three-cylinder CDI Turbo Intercooler diesel engine as used in the smart fortwo, and has a fuel consumption of only 2.5 l/100 km (about 93mpg). It has a shaft (cardan) drive, while ABS braking system and front-wheel drive are both optional. The transmission is a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT ) with six programmed semi-automatic "gears". The Track Diesel motorcycle will produce 45 hp (34 kW) and 100 N·m (74 ft·lbf) torque in between 1,800 and 4,500 rpm, delivering a top speed of about 185 km/h (115 mph) and acceleration from 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) in 6.5 seconds. The throttle is connected to an electronic fly-by-wire system. The brake lights on the tail will be progressive lights featuring LED technology.
Dutch E.V.A. Products BV started to sell the diesel motorcycle in 2009, with sales outside the Netherlands expected to start in Summer 2010.
This might be cool todo with an tdi motor.
Any one have a spare ALH motor sitting around? haha

jek

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat, 05 Passat
Check out the Thunder Star 1200!!! Way too cool! Lets starts a biker GANG?!?! Hmm??? "SMOKING ANGEL'S"???? Good name, right? lol. Where do we get these bikes in the states??????????????????????

ChippedNotBroken

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta A4 1999.5 Green
The US military had been using 800cc diesel motorcycles for several years now, good luck getting one. I wanted to get one, they look like great all terrain bikes, but couldn't find anywhere that sells them to the public. Who knows, maybe they will become available as gvt surplus someday.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
There's a diesel motorcycle forum that is pretty much convinced that the Hayes motorcycles don't actually exist, and they just roll out prototypes designed to last long enough for a photoshoot, or show stock footage of their mildly modified gasser motorcycles...

bhtooefr

TDI
None
I'm talking about the Hayes motorcycles, which are the military motorcycles being referred to.

The Tracks, they exist, and there's been footage of them running around since 2006, and now reports of actual customers receiving them.

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
The guys at Orange County Choppers built a diesel bike for Monster Diesel to promote their fuel additive. As I recall, the engine sounded like a chain saw.

dieseltwitch

Veteran Member
TDI
05.0' Jetta 1.9L
I'm sure the bike is no doubt smoke-ware. (BS product) but I think the idea is neat. If i ever get my hands on a spare motor I think it would be fun to build a bike frame around it! It would be a fun build. someday!

bhtooefr

TDI
None
No, this one isn't vaporware - there actually are customers getting them now.

I should have clarified that it's Hayes Diversified Technologies that's allegedly the vaporware company.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
by far the biggest issue with a diesel motorcycle is dealing with the vibration that a diesel engine puts out...

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Wonder what it would take to import one those diesel bikes?

I'm sure a person could make a pretty good living being a dealer here in NA