In line heaters

pete05

TDI
05 jetta tdi1.9
Hi I'm new here and to the voltsvagen family I got 1.9 2005 jetta tdi with 283.000 km. I been having a hard time starting it in the cold weather after its been left over night. I been plugging it in but I think the block heater is shoot. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with the in line heaters ??? I'm on budget and planing on installing it my self what would be the best in line heater out there for me ???

pete05

TDI
05 jetta tdi1.9
It looks like a stick on heater right now. Dealer said they don't even make them any more and they dont cary any aftermarket ones. Dealer said that they switched to the in line heaters. My problem is they are asking $300+ for one so this frostheater is looking better and better every post hahah

pete05

TDI
05 jetta tdi1.9
Yes and it makes really not healthy sounding noises for few seconds and then it runs fine. But when it's -30 out it will turn ones and the oil light comes on

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Probably need a new battery, but a coolant heater would be a temporary band aid for it.

pete05

TDI
05 jetta tdi1.9
ok guys so i picked up 1000w in line heater. i got a general idea where it needs to be installed but any of you know of any good videos or literature i can look up for details???

Amra

ok guys so i picked up 1000w in line heater. i got a general idea where it needs to be installed but any of you know of any good videos or literature i can look up for details???
^^ I am wondering as well.