Anyone know where to buy a used MKV fuel filter canister?

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI Ibis white
To make a long story, short, I damaged the midsection of my fuel filter canister. I was using a Meyle filter which seemed very tight in there. I had trouble getting it out and damaged the middle in the process. The top portion even came out with the filter and it puzzled me for a time. I went ahead and put it back together and thank goodness it works. Took a bit to get air out of the system but the main thing is it works. I just wanna make sure I replace it next time I crack it open. I called Impex and the assembly is $250. I would much rather get one from a wreck or something but I realize such a car would be very rare at the boneyard. Any suggestions?

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
I did a search for a 2006 Jetta TDI on www.car-part.com and it showed quite a few places having entire engines (I searched for the part as "engine" so I would be sure to find a diesel). Check it out and call up some of the junk yards and maybe they will have a good one and be able to ship it. Hope this helps,
Hurst

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
flipside said:
ETKA is listing 2 types 1K0 127 400 J and 1K0 127 400 K. Not sure which one yours is.

https://www.1stvwparts.com is listing 1K0 127 400 K at $172.00. It is also stating that the J version is superceded by the K version. I have ordered a few items from here already. Verify the part numbers.
Yes the K does supercede all others. I assume it's the type with the filter that's almost enclosed on the top. I have 1k0 127 400e which appears to be no longer available.

farfrumsanity

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta-2005 Reflex Silver A-5
dhdenney said:
I did kinda think about that. Definitely a viable solution if my setup were to be become unusable. Probably about half the cost too.
The last time I checked, the Cat filter conversion was not available for the MK-5.

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
farfrumsanity said:
The last time I checked, the Cat filter conversion was not available for the MK-5.
I looked at the link only briefly but felt like I could source parts to do a conversion. I could be wrong however.