IMPEX Fest X

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Speaking with John today the subject of date came up
Traditionally this GTG was held the weekend after Mothers day!
Last year it was held a week later and there was some disatisfaction with the date!
I am putting out a feeler now on the date

May 7
May 14

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
I'm good for either weekend. :) Looking forward to buying some parts!

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Tom, Tony,

Either date is good with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Eric

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I can go with either weekend. I hadn't noticed the Fest used to fall on Mother's Day weekend. But switching it to Saturdays years ago was a good move. The first weekend always falls closer to my wedding anniversary, May 4. This year is our 20th. Maybe I can talk her into spending the weekend in Baltimore. ;) I plan to attend unless it becomes impossible.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
This is all fine and dandy,but Tom said he wasn't organizing this Impex fest in another thread:confused:-so who's organizing this???

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I am not going to organize.....does it mke a difference who does?? I merely ask John Simick at Impex about the date.....He ask me what date we wanted!

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I plan on attending. Will try not to perform any major wrenching this year so I do not hog the lift:(

If there is anyone who would like to stay in MD another day if your from out of state or people in state. I was thinking of maybe suggesting a potluck BBQ at my place. I have a driveway that will easily park 4 cars and still have room to work on them and my community is on a very large swath of the Chesapeake Bay. Pier for fishing and a playground for the kids.

Here is the link for my neighborhood so you can have a look.

http://cedarhurstonthebay.org/

Frank

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Are you and your wife coming to Impex Fest? It might be cool for the four of us to meet for lunch or something. :) PM if you're interested.
Scott
Probably not. We're looking to attend my first ever TDI Fest this year in KY, so perhaps we could hook up there. I wouldn't mind checking out your car, as I've read about it in the past on your website.

rcough

TDI
98 Jetta; 12 Golf
I plan on attending. Will try not to perform any major wrenching this year so I do not hog the lift:(

If there is anyone who would like to stay in MD another day if your from out of state or people in state. I was thinking of maybe suggesting a potluck BBQ at my place. I have a driveway that will easily park 4 cars and still have room to work on them and my community is on a very large swath of the Chesapeake Bay. Pier for fishing and a playground for the kids.

Here is the link for my neighborhood so you can have a look.

http://cedarhurstonthebay.org/

Frank
Take it from another Free Stater: Cedarhurst and Shadyside are among the prettiest spots on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake. Especially at sunset. Thanks for the invite, Frank!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The Official date is May 14 2011

Traditionally it fell the weekend after Mothers day and last year it was held later

Mothers day is May 8th!

Last edited:

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Take it from another Free Stater: Cedarhurst and Shadyside are among the prettiest spots on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake. Especially at sunset. Thanks for the invite, Frank!
Glad you distinguished it from those even better properties on the Eastern Shore. ;)