2001 Golf tdi cold start judder

rookie

TDI
b5 passat
Having some cold start issues with a golf mk4 2001 tdi 100hp, ATD engine code....

Basically on cold start it judders is unresponsive and will remain that way until ignition is turned off and restarted then all is fine!!!!

It's been suggested by the dealership that it's the 3rd injector, would this be right???

Is there anything else to look at before shelling out on new injector?? temp senders, MAF's that sort of thing.

Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge.

Thanks In advance.

Ed

rookie

TDI
b5 passat
Hi the problem still persists, and got a faulty code of 16687 - Cylinder 3 misfire, any ideas what could be causing this?

Also got a fault code of 18076 - but can't find out what this is.

Thanks

Ed

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
18076/P1668 - Valve for Pump - Jet: Cylinder 3 (N242): Electrical Malfunction

The wiring harness in the head can develop connection problems. You can try to re-tighten the connections, but it can't be done properly in my opinion. You can either get new contacts (and crimp them on) if they're like most of the other connections in the car, or, you can replace the harness. Most just replace the harness, and I don't think it's terribly expensive.

If you get contacts, you must use an open barrel crimping tool to ensure proper connection and strain relief.