Evry mod : Holy Cow!

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
The chip will do what the evry mod does, but with better results and a lot more control over how the power is applied. Go with the chip when possible and get rid of the evry mod. The evry mod is just a taste of what is to come with more advance mods. i.e. chips, nozzles, IC ect.

flt_blk_tdi

TDI
05.5 MK5 Jetta TDI PD
Hey I have a 05.5 Jetta with the 1.9BRM PD and i was wondering if i do the same steps but with fuel temp sensor.. does anyone have a DIY on the PD brm motor?

Avitech

TDI
2010 TDI Golf
Licken2 said:
Just completed the Evry mod on my 02 Jetta 5-spd. Used a small 1k ohm 15-turn potentiometer from Radio Shack. Super easy to do. Measured the resistance at the point where the engine began to shudder slightly... turns out on my car 470 is the sweet spot. Anything more and the idle is terrible. Moreso than I'd be comfortable driving with. At any rate... I'm IMPRESSED! I lined up against my buddies 03 Jetta Wagon (he just bought it). The other day we were dead even against each other from any speed. With the Evry mod I flat out walked away from him - in a cloud of black smoke! LOL! :D Tomorrow night we're gonna wire up a switch or some other method of avoiding the CEL..... and he's gonna do the mod to his Jetta as well. Thanks to this forum for the wonderful info!!!
Well that is fantastic news. I wonder how much is the horsepower increase both in HP numbers and by Percent.

grounded4life

TDI
jetta 03
let me tell you my experience

So I did this to my 2002 tdi 1.9 oh yes I had a great power ran like a top I couldn't believe it now let's talk about how long it last about 2 hours of driving time I was at a red light I spoke excelerator blowed black smoke turned the tires over then heard a horrible noise and lost all power that was my turbo exploding into 6 different pieces I made it home shut the car off whent to start it again about an hour later the fuel injection pump was gone oh and that's not the end of the story so I replaced the turbo the fuel injection pump the timing belt. Got a water pump I left the mod on thinking I missed used it so I left the potentiometer all the way down I had a great power no problem for 2 days went to climb a hill I wasn't even getting on it hard once again I lost the fuel injection pump evry mod what's a nightmare I fixed the car and sold it and purchased a 2003 tdi if you cherrish your tdi do not do this to your car now before I started all this I had a guy stick in a resistor to my air box that works great only problem is I don't remember what size the resistor was oh yeah I left this out I had no emission controls at all straight pipe 3 in half inch from the headers back can anybody tell me what size resistor that is stay away from evry mod

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
So I did this to my 2002 tdi 1.9 oh yes I had a great power ran like a top I couldn't believe it now let's talk about how long it last about 2 hours of driving time I was at a red light I spoke excelerator blowed black smoke turned the tires over then heard a horrible noise and lost all power that was my turbo exploding into 6 different pieces I made it home shut the car off whent to start it again about an hour later the fuel injection pump was gone oh and that's not the end of the story so I replaced the turbo the fuel injection pump the timing belt. Got a water pump I left the mod on thinking I missed used it so I left the potentiometer all the way down I had a great power no problem for 2 days went to climb a hill I wasn't even getting on it hard once again I lost the fuel injection pump evry mod what's a nightmare I fixed the car and sold it and purchased a 2003 tdi if you cherrish your tdi do not do this to your car now before I started all this I had a guy stick in a resistor to my air box that works great only problem is I don't remember what size the resistor was oh yeah I left this out I had no emission controls at all straight pipe 3 in half inch from the headers back can anybody tell me what size resistor that is stay away from evry mod
what a terrible history! :(
Out of curiosity, did you have a boostgauge for spikes control when you did the evry mod?

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
I doubt that the Evry-mod ruined your IP, what happened when you say you lost your injection pump?

Ben Dur

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW golf tdi
Welcome to tdiclub I think the resistor in your airbox was most likely a "diode" but that could very likely be what blew your turbo because in my experience it causes excessive spikes i dont know what diode to use and i cant help you any further with that as i think its a bad mod but "maf diode" should get you a good search result now im sorry to hear about your car mate but you should really use some punctuations and a spell check because your post almost made my head explode

Last edited:

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock

What a sad story and an even sadder SENTENCE. :confused:

Phantomofheat

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf Manual, 05 Passat
Using a diode's forward voltage drop to alter a signal is not a good idea for any sensor other than possibly using it on the voltage sense wire to up the voltage output, but that does not work on all cars and if the alt is close to its max output for any components that is not a good idea to use it then.