Auto Dim Rear View Mirror + Dip Side Mirror

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
Has anyone retrofitted one? I assume it's from a GTI but it would be a nice feature to have at night

How about the auto dip side mirror? I saw it in VCDS when I was coding my LED tails and I turned it on but neither of my side view mirrors dip when I go into reverse.
Is there a different mirror assembly or module?

G

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Has anyone retrofitted one? I assume it's from a GTI but it would be a nice feature to have at night

How about the auto dip side mirror? I saw it in VCDS when I was coding my LED tails and I turned it on but neither of my side view mirrors dip when I go into reverse.
Is there a different mirror assembly or module?

G

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
More than likely a different module. But I'd say that's the least of it, if I had to guess the BCM wouldn't actually support it, unless if you're willing to mod it.

The long and short of it is that the NAR Jetta got a hybrid BCM. if memory serves me right, it's a hybrid of the polo and highline +.
I've written about it in more.detail somewhere on here.

You could do it, but don't expect it to be plug n play.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I remember in my Mk7 GTI, when I had the auto dip enabled for the R/H mirror, you had to have the R/H mirror selected on the mirror adjustment knob. But that car had power folding mirrors as well.

Doubtful it will work, you more then likely need the European high line door modules and folding mirrors.

Last edited: