Will 2006 jetta gli seats fit my 2006 tdi..

mdopole1

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
I've been doing research but cant find a solid answer. Will 2006 gli jetta leather seats fit in my 2006 tdi jetta as a direct swap? My black seats have been splattered with white paint from a previous owner, and Im looking for a replacement.

Thanks, Matt

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Should be a direct swap. I’ve never pulled front seats, but I in the process of learning how to remove the headliner in my 2010, I watched plenty of YouTube vids about pulling seats. Engine type didn’t seam to make any difference in process or bolt placement.
If you want, you can search YouTube for seat removal for the 2 different cars and see if you can find any differences.
Though, if you do a search, you may find a few folks on here that have swapped out seats just like you’re planning to.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
As long as it’s an mk5 you should be fine. These cars are virtually all the same within each generation. Jetta, Golf, Beetle sharing many of the same parts with minor variations in trim parts especially on the Beetle.

I wouldn’t go all in on Beetle seats to fit your car for instance, till I had confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would fit.

Engine kind does not make a difference on body and interior parts.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I have swapped in my 06 Jetta the seats from a 07 GTI (same as the GLI, the only difference is that they have embedded GTI on the headrests). In my case, I the ABS connectors of the new seats were not the same as the ones my car had on the floor. I had to cut some wires and "transplant" my old seat connectors to the new ones. Also, under the passenger seat there is a module (I believe it is related to whether the passenger seat is occupied or not). I could not clear the Airbag error in my dashboard with VCDS after I have installed the GTI seats. I had to use the module from my old seat to make things work with no errors.
There used to be a recall for seats: some of the ABS wires located under the seat were too short, causing an airbag error on the instrument panel. VW dealers did a sloppy job fixing it. If I were you, I would double check their work while the seats are still out of the car.