Check engine light P2015

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I just had my 2013 TDI emission fix done about 1 moth ago. The car has 75,000 mi. This code just popped up this morning. Will the fix for this code be covered under the extended warranty, or should I try to do a fix my self that others have done?

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I just had my 2013 TDI emission fix done about 1 moth ago. The car has 75,000 mi. This code just popped up this morning. Will the fix for this code be covered under the extended warranty, or should I try to do a fix my self that others have done?
The warranty states that it covers: “The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, including: SCR DEF quality sensor, and any malfunctions detected by the OBD systems other than those related to the transmission.”

So it’s worth a shot. If not, you can pick this up: https://www.dieselgeek.com/products...-rail-tdi-with-aluminum-manifold-03l-129-711e

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
When I got that code after the fix, my dealer replaced my manifold under the warranty. I also know I'm not the only one that had that experience.

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I have an appointment for 11/15/18 to get the intake manifold replaced. Dealer said it should all be covered under warranty.

The bracket dieselgeek sells looks like it would be the best option. I just don't want to put that on and then have the warranty denied down the line for something else, so I guess ill have the manifold replaced.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I read some people added the dieselgeek bracket as a preventative measure, so it could be added after the fix. I didn't do that yet, but I might consider it after the warranty. Presumably it would prevent the situation from ever happening in the future.

unique_name

TDI
2012 jetta 6sp (sold back with 151k miles) 2015 jetta sel 6sp (purchased with 15k miles)
the dieselgeek article explains why it happens. it reads like it should almost be considered a normal wear item. put one on my 2012 and it fixed the code. i would take the new manifold if its free but i would add the part to help prevent future wear.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
Should be free under warranty. Dieselgeek part is good fix. If time/scheduling is an issue for you, (easier to do DG part yourself rather than wait however much time for stealer**** to do it) then that will work fine.

If you have them replace the intake manifold under warranty....check the fuel lines at fuel filter & pump, AND the coolant line that runs along top before you drive off.
I had a fuel leak due to unsecure lines at the filter, and a T30 screw from coolant return line missing as well, so that line was vibrating & bouncing freely creating quite a rattle.
Spewed fuel all over the engine bay was a PITA to deal with.

foggedz

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Dealership replaced the intake last Thursday. I have about 100 miles on the car since, and everything seems good.

I put off doing the fix for as long as possible, but I'm glad I had it done in late September. If I held off for a few more weeks I would have probably had to pay for a new intake before they would do the emissions fix.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I bought the DG part to prevent this, but I'm not installing it while under warranty because I'm paranoid that they'd use it to deny my warranty for something else. Sounds like I'm not alone.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Also a P2015 won't really affect anything driving wise, it's common to come and go for the first few 1,000 miles of failure, very similar to the exhaust flapper failures.

The DG part is very clutch at fixing a failed design, worth all $68 spent on it.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
I bought the DG part to prevent this, but I'm not installing it while under warranty because I'm paranoid that they'd use it to deny my warranty for something else. Sounds like I'm not alone.
I did the opposite...

After the EPA fix, I got a P2015 so took it to the dealer for them to replace the entire intake warranty under the new warranty.

Then I put the DG bracket on the brand-new intake to make sure it never fails.

If I had to take it into the dealer and was really paranoid, I'd just remove the DG bracket.

But... the bracket is so professional and well made that it looks original and I bet nobody would ever notice it was even there and wasn't factory.

Mike777

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI (6MT; 2-door; black)
On Thursday the MIL illuminated after starting the engine. Used my Autel VAG505 and found I have the dreaded P2015 fault. I had the AEM completed back in start of July-2018 when the vehicle had a little over 66K miles. It now has 83.5K miles on it.

Looking at the warranty procedures found on the NHSTA website it looks like the replacement of the Throttle Valve Position Sensor (2378), Throttle Valve Housing (2379), and Intake Manifold (2380) - or combination thereof - should be covered by the extended warranty. Has anyone had a dealer reject this P2015 issue as a warranty claim?

2.0L extended warranty: 2L_AEM_Extended_Warranty_Procedure

Mike777

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI (6MT; 2-door; black)
I sure hope there is an improved/updated manifold and that it in fact is more durable and reliable. I'm scheduling the car for a shop visit to the VW dealership in two weeks; if the intake manifold replacement is part of the workscope for the P2015 fault I'll try to confirm if it is an improved manifold and report back here.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Just had a new intake put on 2013 Golf TDI with 102,000 miles. Eventually I will install the bracket but since its covered under warranty....why not.

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Just got a new manifold at 120K under warranty after getting the dreaded P2015.

Plan on doing the fix soon.

I have seen what appear to be knock offs of the dieselgeek fix for less.

Has anyone used these?

The DG fix really isn't that expensive and I believe is American made, so I will likely resist my inner cheapskate and go with it.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Support DG who makes innovative stuff that is good for TDI owners. Don’t buy a knock-off from someone who just copied his innovation.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the new intake manifold is an upgraded part so you would not need to do anything.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
"still does it"? You mean the new manifold didn't fix the problem? Or, you're saying that after 100K miles after getting a new manifold it started the same thing again?

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
Three different post on the same thing? Why? Replying to year old posts.
I understand, just to ensure peope that get messages on their posts read it. Thank you but I was hoping to get an answerr since the forum is no longer as active as it used to be.
Hope no-one gets offended that I posted it 3 times. If so then a mod feel free please to delete 2 of them or combine all those threads?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
One post in the correct forum should do to get your message seen. It is frowned upon to spread your same post out over multiple forums like you are doing. Makes you look like a troll.

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
One post in the correct forum should do to get your message seen. It is frowned upon to spread your same post out over multiple forums like you are doing. Makes you look like a troll.
I editied it. Thanks for the advice. Also from your responses I take it you did not have the P2015 and warranty Manifold replaced?
Definately not a troll :)

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Nope never had it replaced. But I do read here a lot to keep informed of what goes on with them, just in case. I have had zero issues with mine since 2017 other than a battery not long ago.