White Smoke

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
yes, seriously. keep us updated. im also curious as to if itll last or not.

I was like you at one point... I was a risk taker and an ebay chinese junk lover. from LED light bars, USB memory sticks, Iphone chargers, stickers, dirtbike parts, everything. ill admit, I even tried the chinese VCDS.. it hardly worked. they NEVER lasted, and while they did last... they were garbage. LED lights sucked, USB memory sticks were slowwwwww, Iphone chargers were slow and broke in 1 day, etc... I will especially avoid anything mechanical, rotating, electrical, or with tight clearances now. simple stuff like floor mats, center console lid, mud flaps you can get away with.

I learned the hard way.. its just not worth it. its pure garbage. cheap pays twice and boy did I ever learn that... a few times now.

now, I buy the best of the best, I splurge, on almost everything. and man has my life ever become nice, and easier too!! nice tools, nice parts, nice work clothes, nice winter gear, nice street clothes, nice food, its worth every penny to buy brand name/the good stuff.

a smart man learns from his mistakes.
a wise man learns from the mistakes of others!

I dont mean to jinx you, talk chit, or come off like an ass. just some food for thought for future purchases. these old boys up top are right!!! good luck and keep us updated.

looks like hes got a lot of problems with his stuff:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
^^^ Well said!

Anything that takes a lot of labor will NOT see cheap parts.

Figure all the time wasted. At a certain point "cheap" becomes expensive.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Jeez... the 'couple of miles of white smoke' is the oiled up exhaust burning out.

Good luck on that turbo. You know what they say. "You get what you pay for, and pay for what you get." I wouldn't call 'Third time's a charm' when it comes to turbos. Let us know how things are going in a year.

As for me, when it comes to turbos, we cannot afford to be complacent. If we install 1 bad turbo in 20 installs, we consider that 'upside down'. The risk of blowing up an engine is large and the cost of going cheap is not worth it.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
there is a line out of "My Name is Nobody"...

The bad guy gunslinger says, "Lucky s**t!"

If given the choice between luck or talent, go with luck every time.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
***** UPDATE******

It's been 6 months and approximately 6000 miles and no issues yet. Will check back in 6 months.

6000 miles.. ohh.. that's a lot of miles! :rolleyes:

You don't drive much, do you? Well, i certainly hope you dodged the bullet that is still headed your way.

Mr Thistle

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
6000 miles.. ohh.. that's a lot of miles! :rolleyes:

You don't drive much, do you? Well, i certainly hope you dodged the bullet that is still headed your way.

Lol. What a hater. No don't drive it much, considering it isn't mine.
Anyway here is an update. It's been 12,000 miles now and no issues.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Lol. What a hater. No don't drive it much, considering it isn't mine.
Anyway here is an update. It's been 12,000 miles now and no issues.
That's great for you. Hater is a trite word. Don't be so sensitive. Driving 12k a year on a TDI is fairly low. The fact it's not your car is pointless.

Mr Thistle

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
That's great for you. Hater is a trite word. Don't be so sensitive. Driving 12k a year on a TDI is fairly low. The fact it's not your car is pointless.
My apologies if "hater" was not intellectual enough for you :rolleyes:, however you are misunderstanding the whole context of the conversation. The fact that it is not my car is very relevant, when making an inept comment like "you don't drive much do you", because since it is not my car, I have no control on how many miles are driven on it, not to mention the fact that you really don't have a clue how many miles I drive.
What is irrelevant is that "12k a year on a TDI is fairly low", what you probably should have said was that 12k miles on a Chinese Turbo is fairly low, to which I would agree, however I didn't come back on here to brag about the miles on the turbo, I only came back to provide updates on the turbo like I said I would. This post is for the other people out there who come here looking for good advice and feedback, and not people like yourself who have nothing better to do than troll people that are actually trying to help.:cool:

Last edited: