National Academy of Science Committee for the President

Silver TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Arrow, Wet Okole GLS Automatic
I received an email yesterday from a guy named David Yandle (rotarykid@webtv.net). Here is what he had to say:

"Here is the deal, on the NBC nightly news last night there was a story on diesel power cars. In that story was this info "National Academy of Science Committee for the President" is to advise the president to increase the numbers of diesel powered cars & SUV's, or to restrict the diesel powered autos further next month. The panel is split half supporting increases in diesels and half wanting to end the diesel sales in the USA. I went to The National Academy of Science web site and sent a letter using their email address, supporting an increase of diesels in the USA. If we don't act there is a real chance that 2003 could be the last year for diesels in the USA and in turn North America. If you are someone like who likes your diesel powered car now is your chance to act and save diesel power as a option. If enough of us write in supporting diesel powered cars, then our diesel options might survive. Anyone you know who drives a diesel and wants to keep the option of driving a diesel should get involved.

Comments anyone?

Should we all write in?

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: Silver TDI ]

justme

Veteran Member
Searching the National Academies site I couldn't find anything about this. I know that not everything makes it on the web (boy, do I know that), but I'm rather inclined to treat these sort of "everyone should write in" letters, especially if there is something implausible, as a hoax, a kind of information virus. Half want to increase the number of diesel cars, half want to kill them -- somehow sounds like it could be a hoax.

S

SkyPup

Their report is supposed to be released to the public somtime in late July, it is a blockbuster under top secret wraps now, since it calls for a complete turn around in the way this country is going, opening the door for "foreign diesel imports" to take over the high fuel efficent arena. This scathing report will blow the gasser SUV's out of the water.....