OttoStadt MotorWerks taking service appointments! Ottawa/Gatineau area

Hwy_Demon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi

TDias

TDI
2011 VW Golf wagen
Took my vehicle in last month for oil change and winters. Very pleased with work done.
Dave answered all my questions and was very pleasant. Prices are reasonable and service is outstanding. He's got my trust and I would highly recommend his shop.
Well worth the hour drive to his shop!

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support and positive comments!

I'm not always perfect but if anything ever arises talk to me and I'll fix it :)

RadicalT

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Recently had my first service done on my 2013 Passat at OttoStadt. As others have indicated, the work was done professionally and reasonably priced. Shop is well equipped and organized. David uses only OEM VW parts. Other than warranty work, I will be having all my service work done by David.

Thanks

Terry

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Just a quick message on this chilly thursday morning, I just ordered a brand new Miller TIG welder it will give me more flexibility as far as custom fabrication/modifications.

I'm expecting it within 2 or 3 days :)

I'm currently working on a 2002 (MK3.5) Cabrio that I'm putting a ALH TDI in w/17" Fat five TT wheels and coilovers that will be for sale soon (and be my daily driver for a short time) the TIG welder will come in handy for custom intercooler piping and custom exhaust work!

BTW I appreciate all the positive comments !

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Also don't forget I have a brand new A/C machine, some of you will soon find out their A/C didn't like winter and will need diagnosis, I bought the Robinair machine recommend by VW to their dealers, a fully automatic Robinair 34788 !

A/C Diagnosis is a flat 150$ which includes recovery/leak check and refill (once the leak/defective part is replaced) with UV dye.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Hey everyone,

Being a new business/repair shop I'm always actively looking for new clients and I refer them to this thread from my website so they get a feel for the kind of work/service that I offer, people also find reviews on my shop on Google pages and Facebook where I have extremely good reviews there also. (Thanks to clients like you)

Could I ask you (when you get a chance) to look for my shop : "OttoStadt Motorwerks" on Google and post a comment on the work you received from me on Google also? it helps direct new clients to us and will insure that I'm still around to help you guys out in 10 years :)

You can also post a recommendation on the shop's Facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/ottostadtmw

Every positive review/comments help! (Or please contact me directly if ever you have an issue so I can resolve it personally!)

Thanks again!

David

mat111

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Hello Dave,

Dont know if you are still active in the forums here.

Would first like to thank everyone here for all the help, guidance and patience. Its a great place for TDI enthusiasts.

I moved to Montreal,QC for contract work and winter here is definitely harsher than in Toronto,ON. My car after running in mornings would have a hard time going to 3rd gear, however after the engine temperature would become normal, the automatic gears shifted flawlessly.

Since last week, after starting the car, the gear would not shift to drive position at all. So I researched online and called around to find out that it is a Solenoid issue and would cost upto $1500 to fix and was advised against it.

Car is in a very good shape for its age and has about 330,000 kms.

My questions are the following;
1 - Is $1500 a fair price to fix the issue?
2 - Is the price to fix worth for a 2004 vehicle?
3 - Are there any recommended TDI mechanics in Montréal and surrounding areas? I have CAA membership to tow it.

Please advice.

- Thanks and have a great day.
Matt