Wyoming through Baja and Back to Sweet Wyoming

Bigwally

I Live in the Northeast corner of Wyoming, at the
TDI
2001 Jetta
:) :D :) :D :) Just got home. Been on the road for a week. Left Devils Tower,WY at 6 pm last Thursday and returned here to the house last Friday, night, at 6 pm. Drove 75 miles short of 5,000 miles in between. Departing this Beloved, Devils Tower,in North East Wyoming I arrived at my Aunt Lell’s Home, in Rosarito, Baja, Mex.(just South of Tijuana) in 19 hours, passing through SLC, Las Vegas & San Diego, etc (1,360 miles). Next day, Drove on down Baja Hwy 1(and only..) South to Bahia de Los Angeles, then back with a sea kayak on the roof rack (800 miles round trip), then did it again, bringing the other boat back north to stash in Lell’s garage. Drove North, back into the USofA and up I-5 to Rohnert Park (SF Bay area) and picked up my Sweetie, Juliana. Drove back here, leaving Davis, CA at 10:30 pm Thursday night, taking I-80 east at Rawlins, WY, then North, on 2 lanes, up to I-90 and arriving here (little slow) last Friday night at 6 pm (~20 hours of driving). Working the stats for the entire road trip the car (2001 TDI, 5-speed manual) got 49 mile per gallon !!!! Mexican Diesel does NOT have as many calories at US diesel. Used the C-tane boost/injector cleaner/anti-gel throughout the trip (use it ALL OF THE TIME anyway, even summers)….could only have been better if You were along. The desert Screams in its Solitude and the sea simply Murmers soft Lullabys. I float, suspended between the Heavens and the Earth… Juliana will stay here for a couple weeks, until I get my shoulder cut on, and rotator cuff repaired !!!... then she Flies Home (I’m NOT driving her home…but I Wish that I were !!!!..). THANK YOU VOLKSWAGON. THIS TDI, WITH 169,000 MILES ON IT, IS A TROUBLE-FREE,CRUISING MACHINE !!!:) :)

Last edited: