What did you do to your car today?

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
he said this password is GUEST .

I looked at it. its no THAT bad. bummer, but looks fixable. but what do I know?

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Thats nothing, my was much worse and got fixed without problem. Looks like you need new driver sided door, bumper repair & paint, door floor skin and it will be back on road like new.

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Picked up an air filter, cabin air filter and MAF from the post office. Thanks Aaron! :D To be installed tonight!

Also picked up these

No idea how they'll look on the car. If they suck, check the Private TDI For Sale section of the forum ;)

Last edited:

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
KID A TDI said:
Also picked up these

No idea how they'll look on the car. If they suck, check the Private TDI For Sale section of the forum ;)
I saw those tail lights on the tex -- when I had my Jetta, I almost picked up a similar set that was custom S/C/S/C. Luckly for us in Ontario, the police don't see to mind much about custom lights provided the bulbs aren't blue.

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
Marchmen said:
I saw those tail lights on the tex -- when I had my Jetta, I almost picked up a similar set that was custom S/C/S/C. Luckly for us in Ontario, the police don't see to mind much about custom lights provided the bulbs aren't blue.
Really? I'm glad to hear that. I was afraid the Po' might stop me...they're pretty dark. I think I'll keep my stock in the garage just in case ;)

TDikook said:
take a pic of them. I am starting to look for new tails
Hey they're not even on yet! lol I'll post a pic once they're on and I'll let you know if I'm gonna sell. If you want to see the other guys pics when he had em on, go here
I'm a fan of the pics near the bottom of the first page.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Car is most definitely fixable. The only thing is the cost vs. the value of the car. I talked to the appraiser last night and it looks as though he is going to be pushing for a fix. Makes me happy and keeps the TDIClub vultures away :p

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Got new tires for my BBS wheels, got them on the wheels and then put the wheels back on the car for summer! No more snow tire rumblings, now only corner screeching goodness.

While I had the wheels off I also found that my e brake is only working on the right side. Guess I need to adjust it a little... project for tomorrow! Sweet!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What tires did you get?

I had the Golf aligned (again) with the camber for the track in place. Sure enough, DbLog was right: changing the camber at the track was messing up the toe. It went from -.03 to .52 when I moved the strut tops in the camber plates. So now it's got -2 degrees camber and -.01 toe. George and I also replaced the temp sensor and fixed the belly pan that was damaged by running over a truck tire tread in Ontario last Friday. I've got some Syndiesel, picking up bio tomorrow, off to Watkins Glen on Sunday. I can't wait.

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
Picked up an O2J out of an 02 Golf with 60k miles on it from a junkyard.. appears to be in great condition both from the outside and from hand operation. will be installing it between saturday and sunday. If all goes well, I should be able to drive my car home sunday night.. OH what a treat that will be! :D also got a rear main seal since i didn't do that on the last clutch job, some oil in case i decide to drop the pan, and provisions(thermo-T, mickey mouse clip, etc.) to change the fuel filter.

Last edited:

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Bridgestone potenza R019 Grids. They are new this year, and there was a $50 rebate. 22 lbs/tire (205/55/16) "high performance all season". Not that I need all season tires, but every once in a while we do end up with snow in October or April around here. Plus I've never had good luck with "summer" tires being quiet or comfortable on the highway.

Have a blast at Watkens Glen! I'm totally jealous.

Jon, glad to hear you found a new tranny. Try not to burninate this one!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Varkias said:
Bridgestone potenza R019 Grids. They are new this year, and there was a $50 rebate. 22 lbs/tire (205/55/16) "high performance all season". Not that I need all season tires, but every once in a while we do end up with snow in October or April around here. Plus I've never had good luck with "summer" tires being quiet or comfortable on the highway.
I've got about 49k miles on a set of Potentza G009's; while there is a lot of tread left, they are pretty noisy at times. I've never driven them in snow, but they are pretty good in the wet or dry. I would estimate that I've lost some fuel economy compared to Michelin MXV4 energy tires, probably more than 0.5 mpg but less than 1.0 mpg.

The Potenza G019 Grid's have a slightly different tread pattern, and they are about $10 more at TireRack.com, but I suspect they are the replacement for the G009.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
TornadoRed said:
I've got about 49k miles on a set of Potentza G009's; while there is a lot of tread left, they are pretty noisy at times. I've never driven them in snow, but they are pretty good in the wet or dry. I would estimate that I've lost some fuel economy compared to Michelin MXV4 energy tires, probably more than 0.5 mpg but less than 1.0 mpg.
The Potenza G019 Grid's have a slightly different tread pattern, and they are about $10 more at TireRack.com, but I suspect they are the replacement for the G009.

I've driven them in snow. They preformed very well. :D

bird lives

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS '03 Jetta Wagon
I just installed a Graco baby seat in my '04 Jetta GLS TDI wagon. It looks real sweet right next to the infant seat. "What's that honey?" That was my wife. Her contractions are 9 minutes apart. I gotta go to the hospital in a bit here. It should only be a couple of hours.:)

It's gonna be a boy!

Naimanator

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2002 Golf GLS TDI
bird lives said:
I just installed a Graco baby seat in my '04 Jetta GLS TDI wagon. It looks real sweet right next to the infant seat. "What's that honey?" That was my wife. Her contractions are 9 minutes apart. I gotta go to the hospital in a bit here. It should only be a couple of hours.:)

It's gonna be a boy!
Congratulations!

Also, I just did the 5 brake light mod.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
bird lives said:

It's gonna be a boy!
That's awesome! My son just turned 5 months today, nothing like it man. ;)

TornadoRed said:

Yeah, I think I read somewhere on tirerack that they are the replacements for the 009's. So far so good, I've only got about 20 miles on them, but at this point they handle really well and are very very quiet on the highway. I won't be able to check milage for a bit though, I'm only 450 into this tank and since it's a splitter I'll have to wait until the next one is gone to really see how they stack up.

Pulled apart the center console and adjusted the e brake today as well. Both will now engauge! How nice. The left rear brake seems to be rubbing a little though... and the cable on that side pulls out farther when you engauge the e brake.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My daughter called me from college today to tell me she ran out of money and I had to put more in her account today. She prefers cash so she doesn't have to wait for a check to clear. That's your future, gentlemen.

I want to see these tires. The Kumho MXs on the Golf are nearly shot (again) and they are so loud it's silly. I want something more civilized for driving to and from the track that I can also use on the track in the rain.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Well, lucky for me I doubt that I'll be able to set up an accout for my kids when they are in college anyway, I'll have spent it all on my car by then.

I can snap some photos if you like, or you can check them out on tirerack.com.

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
valentine one

hard wire my new valentine one radar detector and installed the remote display above the cluster, so I don't have to be looking up and down anymore:)

here is the remote display
[/IMG]

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
IndigoBlueWagon said:
My daughter called me from college today to tell me she ran out of money and I had to put more in her account today. She prefers cash so she doesn't have to wait for a check to clear. That's your future, gentlemen.
Been there and just finsihed getting the second daughter through college. Now if I could get them married off, then SOME of the spending (bleeding) will stop. Hey Peter, just give her a debit card to your account, that way she won't have to call as often!!:D

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
aja8888 said:
Hey Peter, just give her a debit card to your account, that way she won't have to call as often!!:D
I'm sure she won't be calling him often, but he would be calling her more often to find what she used all money for.:D

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
CAlling?? NOT!!

Losha said:
I'm sure she won't be calling him often, but he would be calling her more often to find what she used all money for.:D
My daughter wants me to "text" her...........That seems to be the accepted way by the kids now (they HATE the phones)!

I suppose Peter knows how to text his daughter?:)