Weird suspension "pop"?

Maverick80

TDI
2011 cjaa , 2001 Jetta ALH
I have this "pop" from the drivers side front suspension only when turning left and its intermittent,only happens once in awhile . It's not a harsh pop but I can feel it and hear it. I have crawled under and looked and everything is torqued and solid ....I'm really at a loss , any thing specifically to look at? It's a 2011 golf tdi.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Sounds like it could be a CV joint just starting to indicate it's wearing out.

Turn the Steering wheel to the full lock position to the left, and drive in a tight circle. Then do the same to the right. If it clicks, it indicates a CV joint going bad. Check your CV boots to see if they're split. Any dirt that gets in the CV joint will wear out the joint prematurely.

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
the driver side cv does get more abuse, shorter run = more extreme angles when suspension is working, especially if you have a modified ride height, mine got noisy at 130k.