2013 GSW high pitch screeching

iam_immigrant

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon DSG
Hi All,
Hoping I can get some help from the gurus on this one.
I've recently changed rotors and pads on all 4 corners. Did about 15K on them. Now I hear this high pitched screeching sound from the front and rear passenger side. Mostly from the front and cannot positively say if the rears are doing it too.
It happens 95% during highway driving and usually after driving for 40min.
If I turn the wheel slightly left or right, less than 1 degree, it will disappear.
I thought my calipers were dragging so after doing some research here it seemed like my calipers were dragging so I re-greased the caliper guide pins but still no luck.
It sounds exactly like this YT clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12REqg_g7A

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts. Not to mention the looks I get when passing people.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Some brake pad friction materials are noisier than others. Did you put any anti-squeal goop on the back face of the brake pads where they contact the brake piston? That helps sometimes.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Hi All,
Hoping I can get some help from the gurus on this one.
I've recently changed rotors and pads on all 4 corners. Did about 15K on them. Now I hear this high pitched screeching sound from the front and rear passenger side. Mostly from the front and cannot positively say if the rears are doing it too.
It happens 95% during highway driving and usually after driving for 40min.
If I turn the wheel slightly left or right, less than 1 degree, it will disappear.
I thought my calipers were dragging so after doing some research here it seemed like my calipers were dragging so I re-greased the caliper guide pins but still no luck.
It sounds exactly like this YT clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12REqg_g7A
Any help is greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts. Not to mention the looks I get when passing people.

I listened to the link
sounds a lot like the *brass* metal squealer on the rotor.
Do you ride the brake hard?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I just listened to the link as well. There is no brass "squealer". Sounds like dragging brakes to me.

iam_immigrant

TDI
2013 Golf Wagon DSG
Yes, I've put anti squeal on the back of the pads.

Other than re-greasing the guide pins is there anything else that I should look for?

I don't normally ride the brakes but the opposite. Wife complains I don't brake enough since I want to maximize mileage.