Golf TDI missfire problem

drifter

TDI
Golf 4
Hi guys,
need some help now, or my car will get dumped at the wrecker......

Started in the summer converting my PD 100 ATD to PD150 using a NEW Garret GT1749VB, a set of second hand but perfect running ARL PD injectors, upgraded SMIC and EGR delete kit.
Mounting the pieces were no problem, and when i first started the car it was only some small smoke for like 10-15 sec, and only one fault code due to the removed EGR valve.

Then I went to work (offshore) and were away for 6weeks and the car were not touched. When I came home and started it, I noticed it were making alot of smoke when ideling(grey/white, smells a **** load of diesel). Kept the engine running to get warm, but the smoke didnt go away. Looked around on the interwebs and made a conclusion that it must be either the wiring loom for the injectors or the injector itself who is causing the trouble. Both were changed, but nothing changed...

Found this thread witch seems to be pretty mutch the same problems, but cant find any solution.
http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic130712.aspx

Can someone give me some pointers on what to check next? Getting sic of the car now :(

best regards!!

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
Post group 13 readings if you have VCDS

Did you tighten the injectors down to the correct torque spec ?
Maybe they are lifting up

drifter

TDI
Golf 4
Post group 13 readings if you have VCDS
Did you tighten the injectors down to the correct torque spec ?
Maybe they are lifting up
A friend of mine has VCDS, will ask him to have a look to morrow.

Injectors, and "rocker-arms" for the injectors are all tighten whit the correct torque and with new bolts.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
typically if the connection to the injector is intermittent , the ECU will throw a code

drifter

TDI
Golf 4
I havent checked with vag-com yet, but I know I get the fault code:
16687, witch indicates missfire on cylinder #3

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
This is the readings we got:

Cyl 1: -3.01 mg/str
Cyl 2: 2,99 mg/str
Cyl 3: 2,99 mg/str
Cyl 4: -3.01 mg/str

Doesnt make sense to me? I think...
injectors are not right . the range of the fuel quantity deviation is -3 to +3
as you can you see the ECU is maxing out the injectors to keep the idle stable

drifter

TDI
Golf 4
Can this possible be related to software in the ECU? Still running the standard software for PD100, my tuner havent had the opurtunity add new PD150 software yet.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
Tuners can chime in on this
My PD is tuned but the injector quantity deviation range has remained the same the same at idle
I don't think this is related to the Software. At idle the fueling/ boost maps should be close to factory