PP520-Race Pipe-Malone Tune-VR6 Clutch (opinions)

k1rod

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Red
I am in the process of turning my 2001 Jetta TDI into a bit of a sleeper. Up until now it has been all stock except for the 1" lift kit. I have just installed PP520 nozzles and had the injectors balanced and timed. By next week I will have a VR6 clutch installed, a Malone Stage 3 tune, and a DG racepipe. I am also having a Boost Guage installed. My concern is that I hope I don't blow up my stock VNT-15 turbo. I plan to eventually upgrade to a VNT-17 but I hope I can hold off on that a while. Am I going in a good direction? Any opinions? Thanks...

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Just let Malone know you have a stock turbo and he can remap the ECU accordingly! I have a stage 3 RC with Sprints and everything is fine thus far ...

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
You still probably have your EGR on there, ask him about setting that up to run optimally and only when its needed if you plan to keep it.

I believe stage 3 is ~18-18.5psi, if you have a lot of miles maybe stick to the lower end of that.

Jon

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Mark tunes his cars in accordance to your performance enhancements he will not push the boundaries of the turbo unless you request him to do it.
If you let him know what you have done to your car he will tune it safely.