Hotel and registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
When will group-rate hotel reservations be available and what are the room rates? Also, when should we expect to see registration open?

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
I made my room reservations last month. Tell them you are part of TDIFest and they should give you the fest rate. For the room I reserved it was $99/night + all the usual applicable taxes.

I also have my vacation locked in so all I'm waiting for is the fest sign-up page to go live.

hint hint...

:)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
An actual event sign up site is currently in the works. It will be much improved from the last few year's versions. A few more details for the fest itself need to get hammered out before the registration site can go live. Stay tuned!

-Jason

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
TDIFest 2009 Hotel Information

I was going to post this thread in a couple of weeks once we got some more things nailed down, but since you asked, I'll share the info. :)

The hotel is accepting reservations now. Our rate is $99/night and includes high-speed WiFi (a $10/night value). The rooms are very spacious and well equipped. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've been in, and the hotel in general is very impressive.

Check it out @ http://dulles.hyatt.com ... there's a 3D tour of the rooms, pictures, and descriptions of all of the amenities that are available to us.

You MUST make reservations by phone! Ask for the reservations desk and tell them that you are with TDI Club. The phone number is 703.713.1234

The Fest registration website is expected to open on or around March 1st, approximately 1 month ahead of the schedule that was given to me by Fred. Be patient!!

Anyway, feel free to call up the Hyatt and reserve your room. The $99/night rates are available for Thursday night (September 2nd) through Monday night (September 6th... checkout Date, Tuesday, September 7th) (a day before and a day after the Fest) in case you want to arrive early and/or stay late to see the sights and explore the area.

I would recommend asking for a room on the back side of the hotel, as these rooms provide a gorgeous view of Dulles Airport's runways, fields, and woods. Don't worry, the windows are triple-pane glass and you can't hear any noise from the airport. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I am going to post this information in an official thread so that I can receive updates via e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.