Bosal European hitch for MKIV Volkswagen

tyler_01_TDi

TDI
13 Sportwagen. Previously 01 Golf
For Sale: Bosal European hitch for MKIV Volkswagen

***SOLD***
For sale is a Bosal Tow bar with removable ball that came off of my 2001 Volkswagen Golf (part number 048 133 R01). Here is a link to my craigslist post with pictures:
vermont.craigslist.org/pts/d/burlington-bosal-european-hitch-for/6935666537.html
It will also fit an MKIV Jetta. As far as I know, Bosal no longer imports tow bars to the US so I was going to try to modify this to fit my new VW. In the end, I was lucky enough to find one of the last Bosal tow bars imported into the US for my current car so I no longer need this one. I bought this tow bar in 2009 for over $400. Bosal is the OEM manufacturer of tow bars for VW's in Europe. Unlike hitches from US manufacturers, this hitch mounts to the mounting points designed into the car by the VW engineers. In addition, this hitch is rated for much more weight then hitches from US manufacturers:
Tongue weight rating: 165 lb (75kg)
Rated to pull up to 3500 lb (1600kg)
It has a 50mm ball which works just fine with 2in trailer couplers. After locking the removable ball to the tow bar, I would install a D-ring to the bracket on the bar to attach the safety chains to. If you're interested, the manual is readily available online or I can email it to you. In addition, I have the taillight power converter for the trailer lights. I'm asking $275 for everything.
Feel Free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
You're in the wrong section buddy.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I had a used one imported - think it ran me $200? Korwerks brought one over with his PD150 AWD half cuts.

NWFDUB

TDI
NA
I had a used one imported - think it ran me $200? Korwerks brought one over with his PD150 AWD half cuts.
Yeah, that's about right. Last one I saw sold for $300 shipped. Sat forever. You can still get new one imported for around $550.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Yeah, that's about right. Last one I saw sold for $300 shipped. Sat forever. You can still get new one imported for around $550.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
I just found out that the 2" receiver adapter that is only available from Tesla, runs $500!!! Thought I'd pick one up but a bit too pricey, even second hand.

Figit090

Veteran Member
TDI
Lifted Unicorn! '03 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon, 5spd, Candy White, Black leather.
I just found out that the 2" receiver adapter that is only available from Tesla, runs $500!!! Thought I'd pick one up but a bit too pricey, even second hand.
It's nowhere near that much unless you buy from a 3rd party on ebay.