water in back of wagon after a rain.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
noticed water on the pull out privacy shelf and saw the headliner wet to the left of center at the back, anyone else have an issue with water getting in?

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I noticed it's coming in somewhere through the right rear door, as I notice trail going down sill right by corner of seat into the floor area and about 6" from the front edge of door down the sill. Need to put hose at top of door to see if I can replicate it, not much I can do now as it's out of the 36k warranty:mad:, and don't feel like shelling out deductible on my extended warranty or pay labor for dealer just to say it's caused by my rainguards:rolleyes:....

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Sunroof or non-sunroof?

Sunroof - there's a few threads here discussing clearing out those drains.
Non-sunroof...let us know what you find out. :)

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
They left off the two nuts attaching the rear end of one of my roof rack rails, thus a slight water leak and wet headliner on occasion.
To check lift gently on the end of a roof rack rail and see if it lifts. There are two studs that poke in holes in the roof to keep it located.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Glad you found the problem! for anyone you might be having a similar issue, another culprit is taillight gaskets. I found 2 inches of water in the spare tire well due to a failed gasket.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Well, I couldn't get it to leak by running hose all round door/window area. Also noticed it hasn't leaked during a couple recent downpours we've had. I'll keep an eye on it, and check roof rack rails for tightness....

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Glad to hear most are getting the leaks fixed. With so many leaks we see on these cars you’d think VW and dealers would stock headliners and give each owner three free as they’re needed!