Q7 Tdi Malone tuning flashzilla question

Caloiboy

TDI
2013 Audi Q7 S-line TDI
I brought my q7 s-line tdi into have it “fixed” at the beginning of the year, then ordered a stage 2 Malone upgrade through the flashzilla upload. Has anyone successfully converted their car back to stock ecu mapping and then brought the car into service under warranty without detection? Have a failed oxygen sensor and I am hoping to avoid detection. Cheers!

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
I brought my q7 s-line tdi into have it “fixed” at the beginning of the year, then ordered a stage 2 Malone upgrade through the flashzilla upload. Has anyone successfully converted their car back to stock ecu mapping and then brought the car into service under warranty without detection? Have a failed oxygen sensor and I am hoping to avoid detection. Cheers!

Curious as to this also as seriously want the Stage II tune. However right after we got the car, it was going into limp mode - turned out it was EGR sensor/sensors(?) and warranty took care of it - admittedly it was an Audi dealer, but the amount they indicated would have been charged absent the warranty was $1550.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
It’s not a risk I would take, but many do take it. The risk is that the Audi mother computer can check how many times the ECU has been flashed. This type of check only occurs if they are researching an engine error or failure that would cost them a lot to fix under warranty.