2000 Jetta TDI ALH FS

TruckinSS

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2000
For sale is my 2000 Jetta TDI 5spd manual 1.9L ALH.
Brief description:
234K Miles
Brand new 502 injectors less than 5K miles
Resealed (No it was not leaking) IP 10MM
Brand new rotors/brake pads front & rear
New tires Front & Rear
Timing belt, WP (Metal), rollers all hardware replaced approx. 10K miles ago
Valve Cover resealed, new crankshaft and camshaft seals.
New starter less than 3K miles on it
Clutch has been replaced and has approx. 32K on it

That's all I can think of right off the top of my head.....
The car ran great and got approx. 43-46MPG as my DD, but while I was at a gas station and turned the car off it would not start again. The starter would not engage, but all lights on the cluster function (So not sure if it's the 109 relay or what??). My wife is tired of me putting resources into the car so I was told to sell it. I have a trailer and can meet you if the distance is within reason. Pictures and more information is available just PM me your cell number and I can text you whatever you request. Clean title in hand.

Asking $1200 cash only. Location is Pinehurst, NC 28374.
Thanks,
Truckin

durbo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 260k........ 2000 golf 2 door 100k.
I had a similar problem with my jetta. Do the interior courtesy lights turn on when you open the door? The fuse for the starter relay, and courtesy lights are on the same circuit. I unknowingly shorted out the light in the trunk, and as a result, the starter wouldn’t work. Everything else was normal. Drove me nuts for a week while I researched and tested things. I disconnected the trunk light, changed the fuse, and drove the car another 50k miles.
EDIT: it’s a solenoid in the ccm not a relay, and fuse 14. 10amp.

Last edited:

durbo

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 260k........ 2000 golf 2 door 100k.
Message with info requested sent. Thanks for the advice and I will try that and see if it starts. Still plan to sell though.
I understand still wanting to still sell, but nothing’s better than getting more money for a well maintained car that runs...
Good luck with the sale, let know it worked or not. I’m always curious.

TruckinSS

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2000
**Update**

To all who provided advice on what to look for/diagnosis....I have repaired the Jetta now. The starter had gone bad (Which was bullcrap as I just bought it 30 days ago)..however, I was able to replace it under warranty at AdvanceAutoParts. I did clean and service all the ground wires etc as recommended. Price to update the vehicle now purring like a kitten is 2k cash only. I feel this price is still fair as this is/was my DD until this incident and as I already stated the wife aggro.....

Price=2K
Thanks,
Truckin