Luv my Dub

Eric Cartman

Veteran Member
TDI
Just wanted to let you guys that I love my new 06 TDI.
I have had it going on 3 weeks now, and have not one problem whatsover.
I have not even had to go back to the dealer, not one time!
That alone tells me I made a wise decision in buying it.
Thought Id post a pic of it. It just hit 1,000 miles the other day.
But the best part? I have only had two and a half tanks of fuel! :eek:
The photo does not show, but I have added eyelids(brows) to the headlights, and a 1600 watt amp with 15 inch subs to the trunk!
CLICK FOR MY DUB!

Mike_Van

Veteran Member
TDI
(SOLD) 2010 Golf, 2 door
Glad to hear you're happy with your new TDI. These engines are awesome, even stock. Lots of good info here, if you do run into an issue or question.

(I tried your link, but it's asking for a login)

Eric Cartman

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike_Van said:
Glad to hear you're happy with your new TDI. These engines are awesome, even stock. Lots of good info here, if you do run into an issue or question.

(I tried your link, but it's asking for a login)
Sorry bout the link.
Its due to spammers. Have to register to the site to get access first.
I may see if I can put it on webshots or photo bucket.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Two and a half tanks of fuel for 1,000 miles!:eek: I hope one of those was a partial dealer fill because you should get 600+ miles per tank easy, even new. Make sure you are venting your tank for an extra 2 gallons.

Also, I don't think three weeks is the gold standard of determining if your car is defect free. That's why warranty is 4/5 years and 50/60K miles.

Anywho, welcome to the club and congrats on a wise purchase.

LucasTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
VW TDI
I pestered him to dump his Yucon, which was costing him $120+ a week to drive......I said....dude! you can have an '06 TDI for what your feeding that pig of a vehicle.
So he bought, he's happy, I made a diesel convert...including his brother who bought one 2 days before he did after driving one at a dealership!

Prophet of Doom

TDI
Spice Red 2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed manual
"Make sure you are venting your tank for an extra 2 gallons."

The '06 models don't have the venting trick. At least mine doesn't, and I'm sure I've read on here they don't. But are fairly easy to top off, just have to let the suds die down a few times till you see the liquid in the filler neck.

p.s. Welcome to the TDI owners club!!!

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Welcome to Fred's TDIclub... I'm up here in North Dallas (635 and the tollway). If you need anything, just ask...

Eric Cartman

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue_Hen_TDI said:
Two and a half tanks of fuel for 1,000 miles!:eek: I hope one of those was a partial dealer fill because you should get 600+ miles per tank easy, even new. Make sure you are venting your tank for an extra 2 gallons.

Also, I don't think three weeks is the gold standard of determining if your car is defect free. That's why warranty is 4/5 years and 50/60K miles.

Anywho, welcome to the club and congrats on a wise purchase.
I was told by another member of this forum not to expect that sort of mileage till the car is a couple of years old.
I am quite happy with 500+ miles a tank, w/ running the ac wide open.
The car right now is averaging 35+ miles a gallon, city and highway combined. (most of mine is bumper to bumper start and go, little or no highway)

Eric Cartman

Veteran Member
TDI
Prophet of Doom said:
"Make sure you are venting your tank for an extra 2 gallons."

The '06 models don't have the venting trick. At least mine doesn't, and I'm sure I've read on here they don't. But are fairly easy to top off, just have to let the suds die down a few times till you see the liquid in the filler neck.

p.s. Welcome to the TDI owners club!!!
True. I thought there was a vent. There is not.
Even shows in the manuel there is one. But there is not.
I am familar with burping a diesel tank without a vent.