V6 Passat

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Because they didn't/don't make very many of them. The smaller more efficient engines are by far the best sellers.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
One of our sons is currently rebuilding his '02 Jetta with the 24V VR6 / 6 speed. What a hoot to drive, just like a big slot car on steroids!

DEAD-BROKE

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat TDI 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel
just for spits and grins i called the VW dealer i deal with and asked the sales
manager if he would help me find a V6 passat.
his exact word were '' you would have better luck finding a centaur or better yet a unicorn"
guess i'll focus on something more attainable.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I'm in Ft. Worth. Want me to check it out????? Relatives in Bradenton, always looking for an excuse to visit...would love to check out the limits of a V6 NMS Passat, within the limits of the law, of course...

mc4nam

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Dsg
thanks, its a bit far from south Fl.
I realize it is further for you but I am in North Dallas and my 2016 1.8T Passat was delivered to me from Nowhere Arkansas about 6 hours away.

That is a really good color on 3.6 as well Silver with black interior is probably the most durable ext./int. colors you can get.

You never know they might deliver cheap and Tdiatlast is offering to go check it out for you as well.

That is a pretty decent VW dealership. I bought my now gone TDI from them.

kulak

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat NMS
Battery is in the trunk if that bothers you. A dealer local to me had a 2017 SEL Reef Blue with moon rock VR6 not long ago but I think it is gone. It looked sweet.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
...from the dealer's listing...

"...PRE QUALIFIED FROM VW WITH BRAND NEW TIRES AND BRAKES..."
:eek::eek::eek: Huh??????? With only 7k miles on the clock? Makes me nervous...

(...just yanking your chain...)

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Most dealers will ship cross country for reasonable fees usually less than $500. Negotiate it in the price. I had my old 04 Jetta TDI Wagon dropped in my driveway when I was not even home :) Keys left in mailbox! Talk about easy delivery LOL!
I also flew to New Brunswick when I bought my 07 Grand Cherokee Diesel. Was worth it for the deal I got, and got to do a 10 hour test drive back home :)

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
I test drove one of the V6's, a 2015 maybe? It is a wild car, if you did away with the speed limiter, I bet it could do 140+ and get there quickly. A lot of engine for the money. I think you could get illegal on the highway in second gear.

I've driven a 93 Passat VR6, a 95 Jetta, and about a 98 Golf VR6, all clutch cars, I loved all of them. Faster than a V8 Mustang and way more stable at illegal speeds.

Fuel consumption is not bad if you don't run it hard. Really needs a clutch though, not an automatic.

Don

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
The '12-'14 passats are takata, so that will also limit your ability to find one. A local dealership group here will not sell anything with an open takata recall.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The VR6 is an awesome engine if you don't mind the crappy fuel economy. Power delivery, smoothness, sound - all excellent.

DEAD-BROKE

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat TDI 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel
well the deal never came to fruition because the dealer would not budge even 1 cent on the price of the car, even after i told him i had cash in had, he said sorry the price is the price, so i told him to pound sand.

The VR6 is an awesome engine if you don't mind the crappy fuel economy. Power delivery, smoothness, sound - all excellent.
before the passat i had an 09 boss 302 heavily modded, if i nursed the go fast pedal i could get 18mpg