2015 New Passat Valet Key Question

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta, 2013 JSW, 2015 PASSAT SEL
I know this is going to seem like a really dumb question but I have not been able to find the answer.

How many and what kind of keys should a new 2015 Passat TDI SEL come with?

Mine came with 1 fob, 2 little black keys and a promise from the dealer for a second fob. Do the 2015s not come with the valet key anymore. I can see why they wouldn't, no ignition to put it in. LOL

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The function of the valet key has changed completely from what most people are used to.

On these cars, you can lock the trunk with the button inside of the glove compartment, then lock the glove compartment with the little black key (also the rear trunk pass-through). You keep the little black key with you and give your main key fob to the valet. As you noticed already, there is no ignition switch for a traditional valet key, hence the significant change in how the valet key works.

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
The function of the valet key has changed completely from what most people are used to.

On these cars, you can lock the trunk with the button inside of the glove compartment, then lock the glove compartment with the little black key (also the rear trunk pass-through). You keep the little black key with you and give your main key fob to the valet. As you noticed already, there is no ignition switch for a traditional valet key, hence the significant change in how the valet key works.

Thanks, I ought to have the second fob in a few days. I cant wait to see how hard it is to get that thing programmed.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
No valet keys with our 15 SEL. Not doing anything about it, as I would never use them anyway.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
yea...I didn't get those either. Long story but they're "in the mail"
Sorry, but your initial post pretty clearly stated (and still does): "Mine came with 1 fob, 2 little black keys and . . ." If accurate, you likely have them, and note: they aren't supposed to fit the doors . . .

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Didn't get the black keys on our 2015 but i imagine the 2012s will work.

Note: we tend not to go anyplace that requires a valet, even if we did, we usually don't store my wife's 10 kart diamond necklace in the glove box.

FYI Mk7 golfs don't have locking glove boxes, and they don't have unlock buttons on the rear doors.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
To those who do not HAVE THE LITTLE PLASTIC KEY. Look in your glove compartment. that is where it is supposed to be kept, NOT in your wallet. It might be in there. If it is in there PULL UP on it, do NOT pull it out towards you.

The function of it is to lock the glove box, the pass through door behind the rear backrest and also to lock the backrest into place.

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry, but your initial post pretty clearly stated (and still does): "Mine came with 1 fob, 2 little black keys and . . ." If accurate, you likely have them, and note: they aren't supposed to fit the doors . . .
Sorry but I was referring to the "docs" that I didn't get. Thanks so much for your entirely useless response. Feel free not to respond to my posts in the future.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Did you all check your glove compartments? The little black valet keys get stored in there in a little clip near the trunk lock button. They're easy to miss if you aren't looking for them.

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you all check your glove compartments? The little black valet keys get stored in there in a little clip near the trunk lock button. They're easy to miss if you aren't looking for them.

No, I got the little black keys and one fob and no manuals. My last TDI was a 2010 Jetta so I was expecting an actual valet key. Not having the manuals I could not just look it up myself.

The dealership is sending me "the keys I am supposed to have" I just wanted to make sure that what they thought I was supposed to have was actually what I was supposed to have. From what I have gleaned here the car should have come with the two little black keys and two fobs. I am only short one fob and it and all my manuals are in the mail.

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
Sorry but I was referring to the "docs" that I didn't get. Thanks so much for your entirely useless response. Feel free not to respond to my posts in the future.
A little touchy aren't we? You wrote a vague sentence, somebody else misinterpreted it. There's no need for a pissy add-on, just clarify and move on.

Yours
Vern

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
A little touchy aren't we? You wrote a vague sentence, somebody else misinterpreted it. There's no need for a pissy add-on, just clarify and move on.

Yours
Vern
Speaking of pissy add-ons, thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.