www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old November 6th, 2019, 06:07   #1
powerfool
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None anymore
Fuel Economy: 100+ MPGe
Default So long...

I am trading in my last VW today. This journey started several years ago and this place was invaluable to me when working on my Jetta. I later bought a new Passat. Last year, I sold the Jetta and bough a BMW i3. Today, I am trading in the Passat on a Tesla Model 3. Going from diesel to electric. It has been great while it lasted. The Passat has 105k miles on it and I am not sure how well my extended warranty will cover the air conditioner that still doesn't seem to be fixed after 5 trips into Falcone and driving a Subaru Outback for over a month.

The Passat was a great car for us. We previously had a Chevy Traverse and my wife's commute to school and other driving cost of $400/mo in fuel, at the time. The move to the Passat saved up $250/mo in fuel, so the extra $100/mo for the payment was a great investment. We drove it to Florida twice, once the long way around to Orlando and another time to Miami. Plenty of trips to Tennessee and back on a single tank of fuel.

It kind of feels sad. But the future awaits. I am getting a long range model which still holds no candles to the Passat, but I should have to rarely ever be at a charger since I can just plug in when I am at home. My net time at a charger will be far less than my time at a pump in any ICE vehicle.

Thanks to the local folks that helped me with my timing belt years ago! It was fun but I am glad I will not have to deal with that again!
[SOLD May 2018] 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5M
powerfool is offline   Reply With Quote