engine splash guard

lizbiz

TDI
1998 Jetta
any one have any sites I could check for an engine splash guard for a 98 Jetta, 5 speed stick?:)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I won't know till I see the car hehe =) I got a splash guard too that sits on pass side to make up for the lack of protection on the PS pump n harmonic balancer etc.

TonyJetta has one I believe

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
any one have any sites I could check for an engine splash guard for a 98 Jetta, 5 speed stick?:)

I had my own made as there are no, none, nada out there for the mk3 Jetta that covers the belts. The guy that actually cut the metal (stainless steel) could cut one for ya (it was a $100 picked up back then --- may still be or not, who knows). If your interested, let me know and I will give you his phone number and you can discuss it with him.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=281667

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
I won't know till I see the car hehe =) I got a splash guard too that sits on pass side to make up for the lack of protection on the PS pump n harmonic balancer etc.

TonyJetta has one I believe
I actually have the plastic side shield, mentioned above, and I have the evo skid plate.

Install was pretty easy; much less involved than the A5 from Dieselgeek. You may want to consider some pin-type tools for the rear "bolts". I made some and can give you the dimensions. I also had some aluminum washers made for the rear, to replace the plastic washers that deform and let the bolts come loose. I can post dimensions, if there is interest.

Removal for oil changes is easy, as well.

I does sit slightly lower, but not bad. I only notice it on the occasional parking curb.

Tony

surfbus

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 03 Jetta
I actually have the plastic side shield, mentioned above, and I have the evo skid plate.

Install was pretty easy; much less involved than the A5 from Dieselgeek. You may want to consider some pin-type tools for the rear "bolts". I made some and can give you the dimensions. I also had some aluminum washers made for the rear, to replace the plastic washers that deform and let the bolts come loose. I can post dimensions, if there is interest.

Removal for oil changes is easy, as well.

I does sit slightly lower, but not bad. I only notice it on the occasional parking curb.

Tony
Yes, please send over dimentions. I'm looking at buying this metal Evoskid plate for my B4.

joshpio

TDI
98 Jetta TDI (136,000)
platic one?

Anyone have a used plastic one around? Also, having trouble finding a metal one for my A3:mad:.