2006 Jetta Bluetooth Connection

manjman

TDI
2006 Jetta
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with multifunction steering wheel that has a cool looking button to control my cell phone but there is no bluetooth connection in the car. Does anyone have a recommendation for a device that would provide bluetooth functionality and control via the steering wheel?

thanks

JustLuckey

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-VW: 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I remember my dealer saying something about my 2006.5 Jetta being partially equipped for bluetooth compatibility (planned for future use with future VW models). I forget what we were looking at in the car that tripped his memory about that though. I'd get my Blackberry to communicate with that.

R-Sixxer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 1.9L
This has been a frustrating topic for me. I've sent an email to motorola about their kit that they had that was a plug in - behind the scenes harness. I hate the parrot and motorolas little module thing.

manjman

TDI
2006 Jetta

TDIx2

Veteran Member
Saginaw Mi ~ looking out for deer and dangerous pe
TDI
2014 Jetta
manjman said:
. VW would just comeout with an OEM device. My dealer told me it is a US model option

This may help

Page 55 in new VW driver gear book. Fall and winter 2006.

Car kit interface Harness.
" Most Volkswagen models produced after 2002 are equipped with factory-installed, hands free, invehicle communications features. This harness allows you to take advantage of these features by enabling the hookup of a hands-free phote kit from manufactures such as Motorola and Nokkia."
Single DIN harness
1J0 051 434 B $91
Double DIN harness
3B0 051 434 $46

mnbucky

TDI
'06.5 Jetta TDI
I had my dealer do some research. His inquiries into VoA told him that using the bluetooth button on my 2006.5 Jetta is not possible in the US - only in Germany. I asked if there was a cell compatibility problem or just that a component is not for sale in the US. He admitted that those were good questions and that he would do further research. I'll post anything that I hear back.

TDIx2

Veteran Member
Saginaw Mi ~ looking out for deer and dangerous pe
TDI
2014 Jetta
mnbucky said:
I had my dealer do some research. His inquiries into VoA told him that using the bluetooth button on my 2006.5 Jetta is not possible in the US - only in Germany. I asked if there was a cell compatibility problem or just that a component is not for sale in the US. He admitted that those were good questions and that he would do further research. I'll post anything that I hear back.
Did your dealer look at the car care book page 55 ?