Headlamp assembly, 2002 Jetta TDI sedan

Wntrmoon

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
Hi Folks, While changing the passenger side front headlamp bulbs on our 2002 Jetta TDI sedan, I was just about through and as I pushed the plug onto the back of the bulb all of a sudden something gave way. It was as if the reflector portion of the headlamp assembly snapped out of place. I looked to see that there was no damage and I could not see any screws or clips that had come loose. It appears the reflector snaps into place. The headlamp works but the reflector is loose. Is there a way to repair this without removing or replacing the entire headlamp assembly? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thank you. gg

Last edited:

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
If you stick your finger thru the lamp hole with the lamp removed and pull back gently maybe you can get it snap back into place. Try not to get fingerprints on the reflector tho...

There is a ball on the end of the adjustment screw for headlight aiming this snaps into a socket on the back of the reflector.

Good Luck!

Wntrmoon

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
Headlamp assembly

Thank you. I think you at least solved what the problem is. I will try that. Wish me luck!